Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Eric Wright Installed At LCB

G

no real surprise here.....

Eric Wright - DB - Lions

The Lions have installed Eric Wright as their starting right corner.
Chris Houston is on the left side, leaving Alphonso Smith (currently injured), Aaron Berry, and Nathan Vasher to vie for the nickel job. Wright is coming off a career-worst season, but he certainly possesses starting-caliber talent. The Lions' improvements up front give him a great chance at a rebound year.

Who do you see as the Fav for nickle at the mo...Berry or Vasher. Heard good things about both so far.

cheeno said:
Who do you see as the Fav for nickle at the mo...Berry or Vasher. Heard good things about both so far.

hopefully Berry...Im not a Vasher fan

Aug. 05, 2011 10:47 a.m. -by John Kreger -CB Smith getting closer to competing CB Alphonso Smith (foot) removed his walking cast Friday and attended practice in cleats. Smith's progress is good news on the injury front for Detroit as they look to create a legitimate CB competition in camp. Lions RapidReports

schles192 said:
Aug. 05, 2011 10:47 a.m. -by John Kreger -CB Smith getting closer to competing CB Alphonso Smith (foot) removed his walking cast Friday and attended practice in cleats. Smith's progress is good news on the injury front for Detroit as they look to create a legitimate CB competition in camp. Lions RapidReports

i could have lived with it if he was going to be a starter this year...but comparatively speaking...he's not good enough to really push to start. should be a nice battle for nickel though.

schles192 said:

thanks...I read it wrong last week , I thought it was first 3 weeks of season also.

It's so nice not to be talking about the best of the worst when it comes to our D-backs.

It's all about staying healthy. Our DBs were never fully healthy as a unit last year.

He should get reps on each side, you wanna be the best it helps to practice against the best.

36 minutes ago -by John Kreger -WR Johnson is litmus test for Lions DBs The litmus test for Lions DBs in camp is how they fare against WR Calvin Johnson. CB Brandon McDonald admits Johnson provides a good measuring stick for defenders' abilities.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]It's all about staying healthy. Our DBs were never fully healthy as a unit last year.

Yeah, but when was the last time our DB's went through a whole season without a major injuries?

So this depth with Berry, Vashar, Smith, Speivey and Coleman is really nice to hear.

I like the Group of CBs we have, there is some potential to be better. Agree with Slick though about Vasher hope he finishes 5th on the depth chart.

Good luck with Eric Wright he was an ok player for the Browns. He had a bad year last year so he might bounce back.

As a Browns fan I think he got a little bit of a bad rap last year for being a bad player. He was the no1 CB on a team with a rookie FS (who should be a SS) and a team that didn't have a great pass rush. He was also put on an island last year because of the defense he played in, that is not his strength.

With the Lions the pass rush should help him and he will be getting more help over the top.

Back