Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best Off Season

I like what the Lions did...But, man I think its gonna be tough to stop the Saints

I went with zona just because of kolb. That move alone could win them the division.

DRC and a 2, Nnamdi, Jenkins, even V. Young all outstanding pick ups...Gotta be Philly. However as Dan Snyder knows winning the offseason means jack.

schles192 said:
I went with zona just because of kolb. That move alone could win them the division.

Did Schaub even get the kind of hype Kolb is getting before he was traded to the Texans? I would be amazed if Kolb even gets as good as Matt.

There was a lot hype about schuab it just didnt take as long to get it done. Matt didn't work, kolb does so he's already better.

I think NE got the more impactful players. Phi definitely got more bodies. NE for me wins out when you can add impact guys to a team that was already deep.

the saint's draft alone puts them at the top. they've also added some good players through FA.

The sports shows like to talk about hot great NE did. They got a fat lasy fk. and a receiver in which there were better options out there. They lost more than they gained.

schles192 said:
There was a lot hype about schuab it just didnt take as long to get it done. Matt didn't work, kolb does so he's already better.

Matt didnt work? Have you even looked at his numbers? His lowest passer rating so far for the Texans is 87.2, but he has been in the mid to high 90s ever since his first year starting. In my mind that is what you look for in a very good starting quarterback

My bad, thought you were talking about leinart. If he even comes close to schuab's #'s it was an excellent trade.

Sweet pool, this board is a ton better. Hopefully it keeps the traction. Wish the Lions rated higher than 0%

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The sports shows like to talk about hot great NE did. They got a fat lasy fk. and a receiver in which there were better options out there. They lost more than they gained.

Draft - Solder, Dowling, Vareen, Ridley, Mallet

FA - Light, BGE, Ocho cinco, Mankins, Haynesworth

You pair dowling with Mccourtey. Keep you oline in tact with resigning light and mankins. Add Solder for depth or starter at RT. Then overhaul your RBs into more dynamic rushers like vareen and Ridley. All while adding guys that when motivated can impact the game like ocho cinco and Haynesworth to a team that was already 14-2....i think they had a great offseason.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The sports shows like to talk about hot great NE did. They got a fat lasy fk. and a receiver in which there were better options out there. They lost more than they gained.

You pair dowling with Mccourtey. Keep you oline in tact with resigning light and mankins. Add Solder for depth or starter at RT. Then overhaul your RBs into more dynamic rushers like vareen and Ridley. All while adding guys that when motivated can impact the game like ocho cinco and Haynesworth to a team that was already 14-2....i think they had a great offseason.

I still think Detroit did bette than that. Add in Saints, Eagles and others. I just think NE getting a pass just because they're NE. Its alright :)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

I still think Detroit did bette than that. Add in Saints, Eagles and others. I just think NE getting a pass just because they're NE. Its alright :)

Loved the Solder pick by Bellichek....

other than adding franklin, Rogers and jordan to their dline....i dont see how NO got better in other areas of their team. That dline is sick though.

Saints to me by far. Great draft with Ingram, Jordan, Martez Wilson, and Johnny Patrick. Even taking the risk/reward pick with Greg Romeus in the 7th who had first or second round talent if it weren't for injuries. Then you go into free agency and add Shaun Rogers who led DTs in QB disruptions last season and Aubryo Franklin to an already solid line including Ellis, Hargrove, and Smith. Greg Williams is going to have a field day. They already ranked well in pass yards allowed. 4th last season. Outside of the Pack, I have to say they are the favorites in my book for the NFC. I'll take them over an Eagles squad who better hope no RB gets to the second level on them and opposing QBs don't start throwing screen passes because that LB core is a deserted wasteland.

Btw Slick, change ur avatar to this until we get some pics of him lighting up players in Honolulu blue.

TullochLions.jpg

Back