Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spievey

schles192

2 minutes ago -by John Kreger -Schwartz says Spievey's play 'grear' S Amari Spievey's solid play early in camp hasn

I thought he got better as the year went on last season. And now reading this and a few other thinks makes me very excited for his future. Then again he has to be better than CC right lol.

yeah i'm excited about spievey as well this year. heard nothing but good things this TC.

this is very good news....usually takes a CB at least a year or 2 to make the switch.

a 3rd rd cb at that. I wish nothing more than the kid to prove me wrong. Ive said nothing but bad things about him. If he shuts me up consistently throughout the year that means our defense should be a heck of a lot better than last year in the secondary.

Seeemed like your biggest beef with him was tackling, hopefully these LB's don't give him many opportunities.

schles192 said:
Seeemed like your biggest beef with him was tackling, hopefully these LB's don't give him many opportunities.

Our D on paper is light years better than last.....should help the younger players develop even more.

Moving front to back, our 09 dl starters became backups,this year its the LB's, hopefully next year will be the DB's.

schles192 said:
Moving front to back, our 09 dl starters became backups,this year its the LB's, hopefully next year will be the DB's.

F that...as much as id like a top tier starting CB and theres a lot of them in round 1 next year....i think id rather see 3/5 of the oline overturned in 12'

mhughes0021 said:
schles192 said:

F that...as much as id like a top tier starting CB and theres a lot of them in round 1 next year....i think id rather see 3/5 of the oline overturned in 12'

I agree 100%

I don't see how they could ignore the O-line in the near future...

Backus is soon to be 34
Dom is 32 and is mediocre at best
Peterman can't stay healthy
Goz is coming off of surgery

This is excellent news, I just hope that he can continue improving and his play during practice translates to the field during pre-season and the regular season.

Back