Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Netflix shares

Michchamp

netflix shares are down another 35% today... trading at $77, off their 52 week high of $304/share.

yowza.

85,001...I'm dropping them today. Just sent my movies back. lol

That's what happens when you basically show your customers that you don't care about them..

Netflix is still profitable but they have a lot of work to do if they are going get people to forget about the Qwuickster debacle.

Yea I dropped the dvd in the mail option. And if they don't get some better stuff for instant viewing ill drop them too.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Yea I dropped the dvd in the mail option. And if they don't get some better stuff for instant viewing ill drop them too.

that's why I stayed with mail only. 75% of the stuff in my queue wasn't available digitally.

when I get through my current list (probably next year), I may drop it.

I like Netflix and only stream. For me, I always have something to watch that I enjoy and definitely get my 8 bucks worth.

Their streaming selection is horrible. I was looking other night, Of their top 100 most popular titles, only like 7 or 8 were available for streaming.

In January (hopefully) my internet service is supposed to go from an RF wireless 1MB max, to 3G service.

When (if) that happens I should be fast enough to steam or download with Netflix, but now I'm wondering if it will be worth it, I have heard many bad things about them in the last month or so.

One of the main things being that they never have anything decent on demand, can anyone confirm/deny?

doinwork83 said:
Their streaming selection is horrible. I was looking other night, Of their top 100 most popular titles, only like 7 or 8 were available for streaming.

yeah. I was thinking about making a switch, and buying a PS3 or whatever to just stream to my TV, but then I looked at my queue and noticed that not even a 1/3 of the stuff would've been available.

I think they also lost the license to stream a lot of content (the Starz deal) recently.

What a horrible executive decision given both the economy and nature of their business. How do you basically DOUBLE your rates overnight and act like you don't care?! What do you expect?!

They could have gone with a Cafeteria Menu .... slowly and incrementally changed rates or done so many other things besides simply Jack up the rates.

doinwork83 said:

I was like the opposite. I look at their most popular lists and think man what do people watch these stink. There is probably a zillion movies I like so there seems to be plenty for me. I use it with Vudu, if there is a newer recent movie I want to watch I'll go Vudu.

Any of you guys get the class action lawsuit thing in the mail? It was something about them and Walmart making an unlawful deal....I sent mine in...just wondered if any of you received one as well?

Which school develops an MBA practicum/course first in how not to "Netflix" your company?

mgoblue0303 said:
Any of you guys get the class action lawsuit thing in the mail? It was something about them and Walmart making an unlawful deal....I sent mine in...just wondered if any of you received one as well?

I got one. It's going out tomorrow. (I got it Saturday)

ALLEGEDLY, Walmart & Netflix cut a deal whereby Netflix agreed not to sell DVDs, and Walmart agreed to either limit or stop their DVD rental business altogether.

Walmart offered to settle w/the plaintiffs (or rather their lawyers) and will be dismissed. I guess you can either take cash, or a slightly larger amount as a walmart giftcard(?)

I would take the cash.

I never received anything about this, but I'm a qualified class member. I'll look up the class action site.

jesndave said:
I wonder what the settlement will be....

per claimant, probably not much.

take the amount they settled for, and subtract something like a third of the total, which goes to the attorneys. Then divide the rest up by the number of claimants in the class...

Back