Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pavel Datsyuk Inverview

tbone413

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Puck-Daddy-chats-with-Pavel-Datsyuk-about-Red-Wi?urn=nhl-wp15699

Datysuk cracks me up...he has been my favorite Hockey player for a long time - even when Yzerman when still playing...I hope he stays in Detroit for another 5-7 years

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Datsyuk(notes) and the Detroit Red Wings were undefeated before facing the Washington Capitals in a Saturday night showdown. The Capitals routed the Red Wings, 7-1.

Was this the first "real" challenge for Detroit this season?

"I wouldn't say that. Every opponent is a serious one. Don't underestimate other teams!" said Datsyuk. "I don't agree with you here. Yes, some teams didn't start well, but our wins don't come easy. But you can consider the Capitals to be one of the favorites. They have a good, balanced, young team with a good goaltender."

Myself and Dmitry Malinovski, Sovetsky Sport's correspondent in Detroit, spoke with Datsyuk after the Red Wings' win over Columbus and their loss in Washington. This is a combination of those two discussions. As usual, Pavel discussed a variety of topics, including realignment, his wax statue and Halloween. Enjoy.

Q. When you played Washington you were the only two undefeated teams in the NHL. It must have been a test for you still?

DATSYUK: "Yes, of course it was a test for our team to play against a good, fast team. Unfortunately, we failed that test. But on the other side, it showed what we have to work on, it told us what kind of conclusions we have to draw. There is plenty of time. I wouldn't say that they beat us as convincingly as the score may suggest, but they capitalized on the opportunities they were given at the right time, especially on the power play. It was actually very entertaining for fans. But for us, there is plenty we have to work on. The more work there is ahead of us, the more my eyes sparkle!"

Niklas Lidstrom played his 1,500th career NHL game and you couldn't give him a present

Back