Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Good News On Javhid

G

Jahvid Best - RB - Lions

Jahvid Best is once again displaying the "quickness and burst" in training camp that he only flashed early last season.
Turf toe injuries can be a long-term concern, but Best appears to be past them. MLive.com's Philip Zaroo compared Best's foot issues to "tying a boxer's hands behind his back." Now Best is running with the first-team offense as the Lions' feature back. Second-round rookie Mikel Leshoure anticipates only a "complementary" role, probably meaning no more than 12 carries a game.

Best, (like his new car) is the Ferrari. He's fast but is better used on the weekends as to not wear it out too quick. Leshoure is the H3, In order to make J last the season Leshoure is going to have to do much of the heavy lifting. They will both see significant reps.

sunnydlitex123 said:
Best, (like his new car) is the Ferrari. He's fast but is better used on the weekends as to not wear it out too quick. Leshoure is the H3, In order to make J last the season Leshoure is going to have to do much of the heavy lifting. They will both see significant reps.

Hopefully he is more like H1 or H2, than an overrated Jeep Cherokee.

I am really looking forward to watching Best this year. With his potential to take it to the house on any play and his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield or motion into the slot. I think he will cause match up problems and give defense's fits, as long as he stay's healthy.

Good, I am staying cautiously optimistic with him and our running game.

Back