Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Adults in Halloween Costumes? Losers?

doinwork83

Yes! According to Sports Radios biggest tool, Jim Rome, this is the case. I couldnt disagree more, and not just because i hate Rome. IMO, theres nothing wrong with having a few adult pops, and dressing up. Plus the best part, chicks use halloween as an excuse to dress incredibly slutty. Last year I paid homage to the king of the infomercial, and went as Billy Mays... RIP Billy..

What do you guys think?

Rome is correct. He rants on this every year. He's right every year. To clarify, he rants on people who dress up at work

Don't be that guy--by 11:00 am your makeup has faded and by 2:00 p.m. everyone is sick of looking at you or having to hear you explain what you attempted to dress as.

Rome apparently has never heard of masquerade parties either, bet the holidays at his home are about as much fun as sitting in the waiting room of a dentist's office for soon having a root canal procedure performed.

::)

if taking 15 minutes to throw together an afro wig, some kanye west sunglasses and disco gear so I can hook up with some cutie dressed like a slutty nurse, slutty pirate, or big-boobed beer wench at a costume party makes me a loser, I don't want to be cool.

I went tricker treating when I was 20. In college, a bunch of us went -- we had a blast. Some dude I knew back then dressed up like a baby. Nothing wrong with having fun.

Last time I went I was 16. A lot of people were pissed about me and my buddy going. I remember one woman saying "don't give them any candy they're fucking 18"

trick or treating after 14 or 15 years old is lame. Dressing up and having fun (even as an adult) is not lame. I see nothing wrong with it. Why not goof off if you're able to? As adults, we become way too fucking serious sometimes. That said, i haven't dressed up since i was 17.

I quit going out trick or treating after age 10 b/c I was already ~5' 10" tall by then and some people giving out candy questioned me as being too old to do so, that became my last age of going out to go to houses in a costume, and so from then on, I started attending parties instead. One of the best Halloween party places during the early 70s in my east area of metro-Detroit were @ the "Trading Post" on Gratiot Ave.

Turok said:
I quit going out trick or treating after age 10 b/c I was already ~5' 10" tall by then and some people giving out candy questioned me as being too old to do so, that became my last age of going out to go to houses in a costume, and so from then on, I started attending parties instead. One of the best Halloween party places during the early 70s in my east area of metro-Detroit were @ the "Trading Post" on Gratiot Ave.

partying at 11? you sir are my idol....

When I was running last light I saw four adults dressed up pulling a toddler in a wagon without a costume and that just seemed wrong to me.

My wife made me dress as 'Luke Skywalker' the other night for a kids party as our son went as a Clone Trooper and she went as Princess Leah.

I felt like a dog with one of those Cones-of-Shame and left the party to go home and watch SC/Stanford and Wisky/Ohio

Dressing up as an adult and being with other adults at a party is one thing ....dressing up for work is gay and so is trick-or-treating after about age 12 or 13

31 here...was mr incredible. Anyone that dislikes the incredibles should be shot. Fuck you if you make fun of me....i dare you to live in san diego and not want to go see the girls here dress slutty.

The Incredibles was my choice too ....my little dude is a dead ringer for Dash!

Back