Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OK Football rules People...

hellifino

please find me the rule where it says, that only one player is allowed to wave for a fair catch.I looked and couldn't find it anywhere. thanks

Why did someone else besides the PR wave his hand? I'm pretty sure it has to be the guy returning it. Unless two guys could have returned it but I don't think one guy can wave his arm and another guy catch it and be a fair catch.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Why did someone else besides the PR wave his hand? I'm pretty sure it has to be the guy returning it. Unless two guys could have returned it but I don't think one guy can wave his arm and another guy catch it and be a fair catch.

I agree, but I need a website that explains it. I have a small bet with a friend. thanks!

Haven't found anything yet but one thing I didn't realize, a PR muffs ball he has a chance to recover it before the opposing team can hit him or pick up muffed ball. So if the ball hits off the guys chest, until ball goes to the ground the returner has a right to recover it.

That doesn't say anything about two guys waving their hand. Just that you can wave for a FC and just not catch it.

I Google'd quite a bit and didn't find exactly what you were looking for.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I Google'd quite a bit and didn't find exactly what you were looking for.

thanks, I know, it's a tuffy.

Anyone attempting to catch a kick can waive for a fair catch. It's not written because anyone can handle the kick.
There is nothing written that only such and such player can signal for a fair catch.

Nooooooo.

He's wanting clarification that one player calls for a fair catch but 2nd player catches ball and the FC is credit. He wants proof that the rule is FC is granted only when the one waving his hand gets credited with a FC. Which we believe it is.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Nooooooo.

He's wanting clarification that one player calls for a fair catch but 2nd player catches ball and the FC is credit. He wants proof that the rule is FC is granted only when the one waving his hand gets credited with a FC. Which we believe it is.

So what your saying is someone not catching the ball can waive his hand for the guy catching the ball? That would be a negative.

schles192 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Nooooooo.

So what your saying is someone not catching the ball can waive his hand for the guy catching the ball? That would be a negative.

Exactly, but it sounds like hellifino needs written proof to settle his bet. I don't think our comments count...

schles192 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Nooooooo.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

I think, his friend thinks one guy can wave hand and FC by someone else who doesn't wave hand. Which I don't think you can and OP wants written proof so he can show his friend and win bet. I think but I'm getting a bit confused as well. I think, lol.

Right....isn't that what schles said too, just kind of worded differently? Let's make it simple, now I know this won't solve hellifino's issue since we're just a bunch of assholes on a message board. But we're all agreeing a valid fair catch consists of a player waving his hand to signal a fair catch and that same player must be the one who catches it. Player A cannot signal a fair catch and have player B catch it. That's what we're saying right?

If not, then I'm not lost...which wouldn't be surprising. Hahahaha

Back