Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

josh200612 said:
All I can say is WOW check it out!

seriously, it looks amazing. But then again, I liked the mark wahlberg version, so I might be a bad judge.

Meh, I'll take the Charles Heston version.

" Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
josh200612 said:

seriously, it looks amazing. But then again, I liked the mark wahlberg version, so I might be a bad judge.

LOL I liked it too but this is a million times better it even gives some nods to the original.

josh200612 said:

meh. I saw the previews. An ape jumping on to a helicopter and taking it out? Get real?

apes taking over? did people forget they have guns?

looks a little too unrealistic for me. no thanks.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Meh, I'll take the Charles Heston version.

I agree. that movie is classic.

Plus Nova is my kinda woman: hot, great body, sexy fur bikini, and she can't talk.

MichChamp02 said:
josh200612 said:

meh. I saw the previews. An ape jumping on to a helicopter and taking it out? Get real?

apes taking over? did people forget they have guns?

looks a little too unrealistic for me. no thanks.

That's nothing I'm telling you it has an awesome build up towards the end just watch it trust me.

I am going to see it but i just have a numbers problem with the Apes verses man take over.. Don't we like out number the Apes in the world.. Let alone the ones in captivity..

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Meh, I'll take the Charles Heston version.

I agree. that movie is classic.

Plus Nova is my kinda woman: hot, great body, sexy fur bikini, and she can't talk.

Right on.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I am going to see it but i just have a numbers problem with the Apes verses man take over.. Don't we like out number the Apes in the world.. Let alone the ones in captivity..

Part of the Original Planet of the Apes premise was that humans began to adopt chimpanzees as household pets and THEN servants, as they became more and more intelligent they were turned into slaves. Doesn't explain the rise in IQ of orangutans and gorillas, but it could be explained away through genetic manipulation nowadays, I suppose. It was a sci-fi movie, so get with the program...heh!!

;)

There have been a few IRL stories of chimp pets turning on their owners and maiming or killing them, they have ferociously unreal super strength, apparently .

Yeah I am not going to line up for the chimp as a pet anytime soon... Those critters are surprisingly strong.

Turok said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I am going to see it but i just have a numbers problem with the Apes verses man take over.. Don't we like out number the Apes in the world.. Let alone the ones in captivity..

Part of the Original Planet of the Apes premise was that humans began to adopt chimpanzees as household pets and THEN servants, as they became more and more intelligent they were turned into slaves. Doesn't explain the rise in IQ of orangutans and gorillas, but it could be explained away through genetic manipulation nowadays, I suppose. It was a sci-fi movie, so get with the program...heh!!

;)

There have been a few IRL stories of chimp pets turning on their owners and maiming or killing them, they have ferociously unreal super strength, apparently .

Win! awesome avatar! lol i almost sent you a message to let you know it wasn't working.

Nova... I had a car named Nova way back in the early 1970's... I also bought a lime Green Nova for 200 bucks around 1985 and put new head gaskets on it and got that old 308 engine running real fast.. Holy cow that car could move...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Nova... I had a cat named Nova way back in the early 1970's... I also bought a lime Green Nova for 200 bucks around 1985 and put new head gaskets on it and got that old 308 engine running real fast.. Holy cow that car could move...

I had a white '71 307 2 bbl Nova that was pretty damn quick as well, ya sure that the engine in yours was a 308? The old Novas of the late 60s and early 70s were all fast and light, the largest "production" engine that was put in them, was a 350 4 bbl in the SS models, I believe. Chevy might have also had a 327 cid option available for a couple of years as well..not sure though.

But..there were "special" COPO models that were available through dealers who customised them, and were available in 69 and 70, that actually had 427 cid engines along with a "spare" 427 engine in a wooden crate for racing:

4021833259_3b2077b677.jpg

Freaking awesome dream ride, can't even BEGIN to imagine how blisteringly, neck-snappingly fast this Nova must be to drive, and there were only around 50 customized by Yenko, and only a handful still in mint condition like this one that are still around today...rarer than hen's teeth, and must be worth a cool million or so, maybe even more, due to their scarcity and collectibility...like rare paintings....heh!!

Win! awesome avatar! lol i almost sent you a message to let you know it wasn't working.

Thanks Monster, I was beginning to wonder if anyone on the board was gonna notice my avatar and comment on it, but I can't take credit for creating it. I don't know who did either, just noticed it on a website awhile ago and copied it.

;)

josh200612 said:

I thought it was pretty good. I'm not a fan of CGI but in this case I thought it was fantastic. Also explains how the apes were able to take over the world, if you pay attention. If you go see it, stay in your seat when the credits first start to roll.

I saw it recently and thought it was good, but not great. Id give it a 6.5/7. It had a good build up like josh said but the action was about 5 minutes long. Hints at a second one that probably bridges the prequel to the original.

I just got back from seeing it and we liked it a lot.. Not a 9 or 10 but a solid 7 to 8 in my opinion. Not sure if it sets up for a sequel but I am game if they do.... The numbers game gets a tad more explained in the movie.. Good movie...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I just got back from seeing it and we liked it a lot.. Not a 9 or 10 but a solid 7 to 8 in my opinion. Not sure if it sets up for a sequel but I am game if they do.... The numbers game gets a tad more explained in the movie.. Good movie...

I think it would be hard to do a sequel. I think they ended it in a place where you don't have to be a genius to close the gap between this one and the first Planet of the Apes, which kinda makes this a prequel.

Yeah it probably is going to be ended here but you never know nowadays. Nothing like a Ape movie...

Back