Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings lose 4 straight, fall to 3rd in Central

turok

Don't watch their games, since I can't afford cable/satellite to get Versus, but I still read about them online, and often follow the simulated games on ESPN, the team which has now dropped 4 in a row, after winning five straight to start the season, including losses @ lowly Wild 1-0 and @ Blue Jackets 4-1 during their slump, that started with a blowout loss 7-1 vs @ Capitals. Hope that they can get their heads back in the game and get back to their winning ways soon..

tongue.png

They will be OK...they played good enough to win the previous two games, Minnesota's goalie had a Hell of a game..stoned the wings like 4 times.

The sharks game the wings played solid but had one bad play where Thorton snuck in behind the D and went 5 hole on Howie.

They need to get back to playing puck possession and more importantly, people not named Datsuyk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom need to step up..Franzen, Cleary, Hudler, Filpula, Kronwall, Bertuzzi all are struggling to post consistent numbers.

Hopefully they get back on track tomorrow with another game against the Wild

5 straight. Another 1 goal night. Shoot the puck, you might score goals.

5 goals in 5 games...

Their offense is atrocious right now..they literally have ZERO secondary scoring. it seems like 90% of their points have come from 4 people

I am really worried... So frustrating that the defense has been there but no scoring.

The defense forgot that a hockey game is 60 minutes and not 59. When you lose to the Wild two straight, that's a red alert.

Man this team is in trouble... Down 2-0 already... We look slow to me... still time to come back..

Yea thy are in a funk right now for sure...the good news is its a long season and they have plenty of time to get their act together. They also have lots of cap room for a trade deadline move if the team is still struggling in a few months.

tbone413 said:
They will be OK...they played good enough to win the previous two games, Minnesota's goalie had a Hell of a game..stoned the wings like 4 times.

The sharks game the wings played solid but had one bad play where Thorton snuck in behind the D and went 5 hole on Howie.

They need to get back to playing puck possession and more importantly, people not named Datsuyk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom need to step up..Franzen, Cleary, Hudler, Filpula, Kronwall, Bertuzzi all are struggling to post consistent numbers.

Hopefully they get back on track tomorrow with another game against the Wild

Disagree a little bit with you. I think Zetterberg and Datsuyk haven't been good enough. Your best players need to be the best players.

I agree that guys like Fil, Franzen and Cleary need to step up, too, but the top stars haven't really gotten going yet.

Yea I agree that those two need to pick up their game. Zetterberg is a minus 6 and Pavel is a minus 2 right now. Last game Pavel had 3 points, so hopefully he is going to continue producing, Zetterberg on the other hand needs to get out of his current funk.

Back