Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Looks like DD is the wiser

jdeb

Well, it has been almost a week with all the trades and DD is looking the wisest. I know it is only one start but I think he was smart on getting Fister and Pauley. Fister is accustomed to the AL and snapped off a (much needed) conservative style win. Pauley adds depth in the pen since the uncertainty of Alburquerque's health. If Jones can get Penny's fastball and arm slot straightened out, we should go into the playoffs with some tough decisions to make.

I am glad we did not bring in a NL pitcher in here.
grin.png

I was a big fan of the trade...Tigers got a guy to shore up the rotation who is under club control for a few years...nice pickup imo.

Gives the team flexibility down the road if both Smyly and Turner pan out....as of now I'm thinking Oliver is a bust imo. Maybe a reliever.

I love the trade right now. Fister fits in perfect and he throws strikes, he's also an American League guy so he's more of a known quantity. Adding Pauley to the deal really makes a huge difference too. Fister is a steady pitcher who eats innings up, we gave up depth basically for him, but only one top prospect in Martinez. Glad to see Wells get a chance to play too.

Jimenez was the other option. They were talking about Turner and Porcello for Jimenez. It's too high a cost for a pitcher from the NL. He's got a higher ceiling, but he has been a little inconsistent and the price was very steep for Cleveland.

johnny2x2x said:
I love the trade right now. Fister fits in perfect and he throws strikes, he's also an American League guy so he's more of a known quantity. Adding Pauley to the deal really makes a huge difference too. Fister is a steady pitcher who eats innings up, we gave up depth basically for him, but only one top prospect in Martinez. Glad to see Wells get a chance to play too.

Jimenez was the other option. They were talking about Turner and Porcello for Jimenez. It's too high a cost for a pitcher from the NL. He's got a higher ceiling, but he has been a little inconsistent and the price was very steep for Cleveland.

Turner and Porcello for Jimenez would've pissed me off.

Jimenez could not have lived up to those kind of expectations as a result of that trade and the Tigers still would've had to go out and get a 5th starter for next year or re-up Penny.

Heck.....the Jays were ready to give up Roy Halladay for Porcello and a package and the tigers said no.

jimmygank said:
johnny2x2x said:

I heard they also wanted Boesch in that deal. Crazy.

Turner and Porcello for Jimenez would've pissed me off.

Jimenez could not have lived up to those kind of expectations as a result of that trade and the Tigers still would've had to go out and get a 5th starter for next year or re-up Penny.

Heck.....the Jays were ready to give up Roy Halladay for Porcello and a package and the tigers said no.

That's nuts if they wanted boesch too...willing to take 4 prospects from the tribe but want two bonafide major leaguers and almost certain # 2/3 level pitcher from the tigers?

I am glad they got Fister and Pauley and i do not think they gave up to much but only time will tell. I am still mad about the Sizemore for a 4th or 5th relief pitcher... Now that trade was junk... And although Sizemore numbers have come back to earth his OBP is around .345 at Oakland and he has won a few games for them...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I am glad they got Fister and Pauley and i do not think they gave up to much but only time will tell. I am still mad about the Sizemore for a 4th or 5th relief pitcher... Now that trade was junk... And although Sizemore numbers have come back to earth his OBP is around .345 at Oakland and he has won a few games for them...

BIG BOB is in the house! Yeah that one had stink all over it. Anyone notice Sizemore got beaned the first at-bat as an A vs. the Tigers.?

I don't think JL could stand Sizemore's glove, he was starting to look more like another DH type.

At least thats my take on it

stonecold2136 said:
I don't think JL could stand Sizemore's glove, he was starting to look more like another DH type.

Rumor has it he was a punk in the clubhouse.

jdeb said:
stonecold2136 said:

Rumor has it he was a punk in the clubhouse.

It was something, that's for sure. The organization soured on Sizemore big time.

Back