Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Obama will win re-election

stonecold2136

Here's why he has a feather in his cap for his work killing Bin Laden

Also there is no one worth the fuck in the republican party....except maybe Jeb Bush but he won't run

i believe the deadline to join the race was october 31st, so jeb bush is out of the question. but you're right, he would put up some tough competition.

If a guy like chris christie or jeb bush had decided to run, their base would explode and they'd have a real shot at beating obama.

Unfortunately for them though, anyone that has anything to do with public safety or manufacturing are going to turn on the right and turn TO the left. I'd expect the president to get a big boost from that base. He put his jobs plan on the table (very decent and fair, i might add. you should read it if you haven't) and the republicans unanimously cried about it because it added tax to the wealthy.

then, check the tax plans for the republican candidates...almost all of them have cuts for the wealthy and increases (perry and cain especially) for the middle class and poor.

that is why the republicans dont have a chance. It's also why i believe christie and bush decided not to run. they're waiting for 2016.

stonecold2136 said:
If Jeb run's in 2016 he will win in a landslide

If the people of this country ever elect another Bush there needs to be a serious revolution.

The Bush family is the Brandon Inge of the political world, not worth a shit, but for some odd reason people like them and keep bringing them back.

stonecold2136 said:

actually, i think hillary will run. No way a bush could beat a clinton. It's been proven.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
stonecold2136 said:

actually, i think hillary will run. No way a bush could beat a clinton. It's been proven.

I bet bill beat a lot of bush in his life.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
[quote="Monster ":0ly6acie]

I bet bill beat a lot of bush in his life.[/quote:0ly6acie]

That'a boy...+1

Didn't see Monsters post...hmmmm I'll +1 him anyway. Well not the kind of +1 Bill used to get, just to clarify. His +1's made a mess of designer dresses.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Beez said:
That'a boy...+1

I don't know if Dr. Monster was making that joke or not, so I had to. Might be the only post Ill have on here.

no, it was not a joke, but i was thinking about flipping it around like you did.

we should go with Hilary, then Jeb, after that, how old will Chelsea Clinton be? Forget 2 parties. Let's go with 2 families.

No president has won re-election with poll numbers so low, so late. Also, no president, save FDR, has ever won re-election with unemployment so high.

tycobb420 said:
No president has won re-election with poll numbers so low, so late. Also, no president, save FDR, has ever won re-election with unemployment so high.

Normally he would have zero shot to be re-elected but the republicans are doing their best to throw out the biggest shitpile of candidates known to man. Obama actually has a shot to win again.

Which is kind of sad in a way. Winning because of the shit the other side has to offer, lol.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Obama...but I'm usually wrong when it comes to predicting elections this far in advance. Last time around about now, I thought Hilary would win her primary easily, while McCain, if he could manage to get through his primary, would have an easy time in the general election. ...so I guess that means it will be Palin.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Which is kind of sad in a way. Winning because of the shit the other side has to offer, lol.

Almost as sad as winning because the Supreme court decided you should win.

Even if the majority of the people think you shouldn't.

20 straight months of job growth. his poll numbers have jumped 7 points in the last month. Add to that tax plans by the opposition that raise middle and lower class taxes and drop the rich's taxes. Plus, their refusal to accept a perfectly reasonable jobs plan and Obama has this thing wrapped up already.

Cut programs for the middle and lower class, GIVE THE RICH MORE TAX BREAKS!

30 of the fortune 500 for the last three years paid NO INCOME TAXES. Some of them actually got money back! now tell me, how the fuck is that right? i understand that poor and some middle class pay little or no income tax, but WTF?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]20 straight months of job growth. his poll numbers have jumped 7 points in the last month. Add to that tax plans by the opposition that raise middle and lower class taxes and drop the rich's taxes. Plus, their refusal to accept a perfectly reasonable jobs plan and Obama has this thing wrapped up already.

Cut programs for the middle and lower class, GIVE THE RICH MORE TAX BREAKS!

30 of the fortune 500 for the last three years paid NO INCOME TAXES. Some of them actually got money back! now tell me, how the fuck is that right? i understand that poor and some middle class pay little or no income tax, but WTF?

Why doesn't BHO ask his Jobs Czar, Jeff Immelt(GE). The company, led by Immelt, earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but it paid not a penny in taxes because the bulk of those profits, some $9 billion, were offshore. In fact, GE got a $3.2 billion tax benefit. Not to mention the tens of thousands of jobs GE has sent out of the country, most of them to China

Hmmm, I was unaware that the president had complete authority to change tax laws. I thought there was this other branch of government, which made laws and sent them to the president to sign into law. They must be too busy reaffirming national mottos, fighting for tax cuts on the wealthy, preventing job growth, bitching about social security, and fighting to make seniors pay more to worry about the tax laws.

hockeywings said:
Hmmm, I was unaware that the president had complete authority to change tax laws. I thought there was this other branch of government, which made laws and sent them to the president to sign into law. They must be too busy reaffirming national mottos, fighting for tax cuts on the wealthy, preventing job growth, bitching about social security, and fighting to make seniors pay more to worry about the tax laws.

yes the 2 branches of government the Dems had super majorities in for 2 years...ya, those 2 branches

Back