Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Into high end car audio? Have some questions

meditatedkickaboxa

I have some questions about cap or no cap? I am installing (2) JL 13W7's and (4) JL 8W3's in a Ford Excursion. I need to upgrade my alternator and bought a 20 Ferrite Tsunami cap (heard they were the best) and was contemplating a 2nd battery. But I have heard a lot of reasons not too.

I am running 2 new Memphis 1100.1 for the 13W7's
(1) Memphis 1100.1 for my (4) mid level 8W3's, and a kicker ZX650.4 for (4) Alpine type R 6x9's in the door panels, and (1) Kicker ZX100.2 running (2) Alpine Type E 6x9's in the real section, 3rd row seat area.

Would love some educated conversation. I am going for all sound quality with this set up, even though I could knock the windows out of the rice a roni kids cars that pull up next to me :)

Back