Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Impact With New Team

Kolb will have the biggest impact because the Zona QB play last year was horrible. @nd would be Tulloch for the Lions. Our Lbers should be a great deal better with 3 solid starters who are all physical. Especially with Levy being healthy.

ya i voted Kolb....think that team is going to be right with the Rams for the division this year.....Tulloch though , is going to be a BIG addition especially in the run game...you cant deny those 160 tackles last year and our line is better then the Titans.

85 has a huge year and pats stomp the jets twice. Don't like kolb although if that move wins them the division id have switch my vote.

I was thinking NMANDI or Tulloch. I went with Tulloch. Not sold on Kolb.

Kolb easily. he may not be a great qb but he easily takes a terrible team and make them a playoff contender in their division. No other player listed other than McNabb could help their team make that kind of leap. I'd say its between McNabb or Kolb because without them, their team is sure to be a bottom feeder, with them they could be potential playoff contenders.

They both also have a chance to have the most negative impact on their team by playing poorly. If either of them has a terrible season, their respective teams are looking at a last place finish.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]] No way McNabb. He's past his usefulness as an NFL QB.

Without Mcnabb this team is guaranteed to finish at the bottom of the division, if he plays well (if they protect him) he could take this team to 8-9 wins. Mcnabb playing well or not playing well will effect the Viking record way more drastically than any other teams pick up (other than Kolb)..If namdi doesnt play well, its not going to cost the Eagles as many wins and Mcnabb would cost the Vikes. If Ocho plays well, its not going to single handedly be the factor in the W/L column as Mcnabb playing well would be for Minny. Thats how I judge impact.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You have more faith in the Vikings then I do ;-)

I expect the Vikes to finish 3rd/4th depending on Staffords health. I think potentially it could go

GB
DET
MINN
CHI

but if I were to bet money I'd probably go

GB
CHI
MINN
DET

just because Stafford always gets hurt and the Chicago thing is more of a feeling than anything.

We know Favre stunk last season. But I thought a big part of it was, the offensive line. Favre took a beating. Not sure how they will protect McNabb.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You have more faith in the Vikings then I do ;-)

I expect the Vikes to finish 3rd/4th depending on Staffords health. I think potentially it could go

GB
DET
MINN
CHI

but if I were to bet money I'd probably go

GB
CHI
MINN
DET

just because Stafford always gets hurt and the Chicago thing is more of a feeling than anything.

Chicago got rid of Cutler's only safety net in Greg Olson and don't have the O-line, especially with minimal practice for their new C Chris Spencer, to fully run the Mike Martz offense that it looks like they are planning on implementing this year. I wouldn't expect much from them this year, last year was a fluke anyway.

I never expect much from the Bears and a fluke season seems to always happen with them.

Kolb, Arizona hasn't had a decent QB in a long time (so it seems). I think he'll have the biggest impact. He's got the AMAZING STEVE BREASTON to work with everyday. And the Cardinals don't seem like the type of team that will be running the ball a lot.

DoctorDetroit124 said:
Kolb, Arizona hasn't had a decent QB in a long time (so it seems). I think he'll have the biggest impact. He's got the AMAZING STEVE BREASTON to work with everyday. And the Cardinals don't seem like the type of team that will be running the ball a lot.

Breaston is with KC now.

Maybe it's a homer pick, but I have to go with Tulloch... Stopping the run has been a huge challenge for us, and with a guy coming in averaging 10 tackles a game last year I expect him to help us out a ton. We shall see though...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]We know Favre stunk last season. But I thought a big part of it was, the offensive line. Favre took a beating. Not sure how they will protect McNabb.

o line is even worse now. dline is in shambles. Griffin is nt back yet and i think their lbs are still seeking to be picked up by other teams. Who knows how itll turn out. But i think itll be a down year for Mcnabb and AP.

Back