Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Out scored 22-6 last six games

biggunsbob

For a 0-5-1 over that span..
We look old and slow, and out of postion and after a 5-0 start i am a tad concerned.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]] For a 0-5-1 over that span..
We look old and slow, and out of postion and after a 5-0 start i am a tad concerned.

Via Elias Sports: RedWings are the first team in NHL history to start the season 5-0 or better, then have a winless streak of at least six games.

Too old, too slow, too small, no toughness.

Team needed to be overhauled a few years ago and we decided to hang onto the past instead. Now this team's future looks bad.

A few tears ago the wings were winning cups and making it to the finals,there was no reason to overhaul the roster.. With the salary cap it is hard to just sign young talent, and w/ low draft picks for the past decade it's hard to get impact rookies.

I definatley wouldn't say the future looks bad... the wings have a top 10 prospect system. They have 5 legit prospects who could be playing in the NHL but have to "season" in the wings system first. Now if Det continues to struggle look for Babcock to give the young guys a shot.

Also, this is the first year in a longggg time that the wings have salary cap space. They have around 6 million dollars to work with to make a blockbuster trade if needed.

Despite their recent play, Detroit still has a vey talented roster. This scoring drought will not last forever..Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Cleary, Filpula and Hudler is a good core of forwards..Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart and White are a top 5 defensive unit.

This team is just in a really bad, really frustrating slump. But I'm not going to get worked up about it.

I think they will break out of it but it puzzles me to see them bring up a young kid and play him for a few minutes and send him back down. I know they have a ton of cap space but I wonder what the plan is.. We do look a tad slow and where have all of our goal snipers gone... I trust the brain trust to get us back to the playoffs but this last 6 games is really frustrating...

On the bright side we are only three points away from a playoff spots... But only two spots away from the bottom of the conference.

Western Conference
Team GP Pts
1. * Edmonton 12 18
2. * Chicago 12 18
3. * Dallas 11 16
4. Minnesota 12 15
5. San Jose 11 14
6. Los Angeles 12 14
7. Nashville 12 14
8. Phoenix 12 14
9. Colorado 12 14
10. Vancouver 13 13
11. Anaheim 13 13
12. Calgary 11 11
13. Detroit 11 11
14. St. Louis 11 10
15. Columbus 13 5
* = Division Leader

For the Wings' next trick, they will put the puck in the net more than one time after the conclusion of the pre-game warm up.

Wings always seem to get 100 points. So until they don't I won't complain. This team has been so damn good for so damn long, its like complaining about Miguel Cabrera for a 1 for 13 streak.

I know I am going to stop worrying about it... Can someone explain why they call kids up and send them down the next day. We never get to see them play for crying out loud..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I know I am going to stop worrying about it... Can someone explain why they call kids up and send them down the next day. We never get to see them play for crying out loud..

They only call up the "kids" if they want to give one of their vets a rest or someone is injured. The reason they send them back to the AHL is because they will see maybe 6-8 minutes of ice time w/ the Wings compared to 18+ in GR..at this point in their careers it is critical to get the young guys ice time so they can develop their skills.

If someone gets hurt of continues to struggle then you might see Babcock bringing in a few of the young guys more often to try and get a spark...but right now that is not the case.

Back