Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should He Seperate Penny and Fister ?

G

Do you guys think he should put Sherezer in between Penny and Fister...both guys are similar , and Id rather not give teams the same look on consecutive days..

Verlander , Fister , Scherezer , Penny , Porcello ???

Not a bad idea but things are going smoothly now so why mess with it? Look at the WhiteSox, they trade away Jackson, go to a five man rotation and BOOM, they are falling apart.

I like similar guys being seperated. Problem its they should have done it after the trade. Maybe in an off day, they can skip Penny and redo the rotation. Not sure if JL would do that.

slick said:
Do you guys think he should put Sherezer in between Penny and Fister...both guys are similar , and Id rather not give teams the same look on consecutive days..

Verlander , Fister , Scherezer , Penny , Porcello ???

That does make good sense, but Leyland won't do it. well I would be shocked if he made a change.

Tigers rotation is out for Cleveland series. Fister Tuesday, Porcello Wednesday, Verlander Thursday.

jdeb said:
Not a bad idea but things are going smoothly now so why mess with it? Look at the WhiteSox, they trade away Jackson, go to a five man rotation and BOOM, they are falling apart.

I think the White Sox issues might stem more from the fact that their players watched their front office mail it in when they were back by ~4 games at the deadline in a weak division.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Tigers rotation is out for Cleveland series. Fister Tuesday, Porcello Wednesday, Verlander Thursday.

So he's skipping Penny....love it

Great decision on Leyland's part. Now Verlander can pitch both of the next 2 series with the Tribe on 5 days rest, provided he uses the same philosophy and counts the off day on the 18th.

Verlander got his extra day's rest this week, so he should be good to go, and you want him against the Tribe for sure.

Tigers skipping Brad Penny's next start thanks to off day Monday. Verlander will go Thursday, is now lined up to face Indians twice.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Tigers rotation is out for Cleveland series. Fister Tuesday, Porcello Wednesday, Verlander Thursday.

i'm glad JV gets a chance at them.

Sweet! Sounds good to me. Maybe Penny needs to rest his back a little.

That series will be key....we could really put some space between us and second place if we play well. Us leading by 6 or 7 after that series would be a pretty big mental hurdle for a young team like the Indian's to overcome.

Although, there would be plenty of time to catch us...see last year!

How bout Penny just doesn't pitch at all anymore.... I'd rather have Below in there at this point....

Back