Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander to pitch against Indians

boggs87

Brad Penny's next start is being skipped to allow Verlander to pitch against the Indians on Thursday.

I like it. Plus, Brad will be happy to not have to pitch another day game!

I like it! Skipping Penny's start or moving him back a day? If we're skipping it, let's drop him exactly where we want in the rotation. Don't like he and Fister on consecutive games. Would like to see Verlander Scherzer, Fister, Porcello, Penny as our rotation.

Nice. I already have tickets to that game. We were hoping that he would pitch that night.

That matches him up against Carrasco?

Ricky v Jimenez will be interesting to watch
laugh.png

Too bad it wasn't Fister vs Jimenez. That would have been fun.

I guess Sherzer's pitching in Baltimore on Friday? I have tickets, rather see Verlander but its more important he pitches against Cleveland.

Verlander is going to pitch every 5 days from now on, rather then every 5 games.

Should total 10 more starts after tonight.

3 against Cleveland.

Last start Sept. 25th, giving him 4 days rest before the end of season to get ready for short rest playoffs.

Back