Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The NEW Christmas Tree Tax

tsmith7559 said:
Christmas tree ax, tanning tax......he'll tax anything and everything

I heard there is going to be a tax on breathing air.

Oddly enough, the artificial trees are why this "tax" was going to be put in place. Guess who lobbied for the "tax"? The damn people selling the fucking trees. They wanted to use it to promote buying real trees instead of artificial trees (sort of like the got milk ads or Beef: its whats for dinner ads).

I keep putting tax in quotations because it should more aptly be called a levy.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/christmastree.asp

Conservatives who think they know better than the businessmen.

hockeywings said:
Oddly enough, the artificial trees are why this "tax" was going to be put in place. Guess who lobbied for the "tax"? The damn people selling the fucking trees. They wanted to use it to promote buying real trees instead of artificial trees (sort of like the got milk ads or Beef: its whats for dinner ads).

1) A tax on the American people is a tax.

2) If you think businessmen know best then you are supporting Cain, right?

hockeywings said:

It was Obama's agency who imposed the fee...the Rep forced it out... did you read the artical?

MSUspartan said:
hockeywings said:

1) A tax on the American people is a tax.

2) If you think businessmen know best then you are supporting Cain, right?

A levy asked for by the tree growers is not a tax, it is a levy. Those growing under 500 trees or organic trees being exempt.

Again, as I have said before, I will not vote for a candidate that wants to ruin or crush to poor or middle class. Cain's 9-9-9 (SimCity anyone?) does just that.

Snopes was the first link I posted to you, the second response was the proposal..............................................

hockeywings said:
Snopes was the first link I posted to you, the second response was the proposal..............................................

I reading from snopes, that you posted.. said presser from conservatives was a factor

I may actually owe a sorry.

Are you saying that the levy, not a tax, that was proposed by the tree growers, not Obama, was forced out by conservatives, who did not understand that this was supposed to help the tree growers?

If you are then I apologize; I thought you were saying that republicans stopped a tax from obama.

The fact that they are not taxing christmas is the issue at hand. The tree growers are trying to pool money to promote real trees instead of fake trees.

hockeywings said:
The fact that they are not taxing christmas is the issue at hand. The tree growers are trying to pool money to promote real trees instead of fake trees.

pool their own money

Back