Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MMA on Fox

cheeno

What a bust. 30 minutes of talking heads and hokey intros, 1 minute fight, 29 minutes of scrambling to make up the final minutes with more talking heads. FAIL

And heard the Henderson-Guida fight was off the chain, which they didn't show. Any thoughts, will this hurt network MMA or have little affect?

The mistake was only having 1 fight. Needed to have 3 fights so the chance of one being good would increase.

I'm an MMA fan, but even I know that about 1/2 the fights on a given card will turn out to be duds. This wasn't a total dud as it was a KO, but there was no action and neither fighter was able to showcase their talents. The ending looked amateurish. Valasquez had zero movement and got KOed by a punch that any fighter should have been able to slip.

Wont hurt the UFC, but wont help it either. This was a great chance for the UFC to take it to the next level. They already have another show on FOX scheduled though, so maybe they'll do better with this one.

Cant see that fight drawing a huge new influx of fans and for the current mma fans we were dissappointed they didnt show the hendo fight. Throw in the fact they lost their asses monetarily and the whole thing seemed to be a lose lose.

I have to admit, I thought Cain was going to murder that man..........he didn't.

The first match with Maia was pretty bad, neither guy could go three rounds. Overall I enjoyed it but still probably wouldn't draw in the casual fan with no defining KO or submission.

Back