Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Houston Texans

beez

Houston has beaten Pitt which is a good win but lost to Oakland, Bmore and New Orleans AKA their only other tough games. They have a 34 point victory over the Titans who aren't a very good team but nonetheless it's still impressive. I'm just not a FIRM believer in this team. They're good but I don't know how good. EXTREMELY weak schedule.

Indy
Miami
Tenn
Jax
Cle
Tampa
Jax
Cincy
Car
Indy
Tenn

11 games of mediocrity or just garbage.

Played New Orleans, Pitt, Oakland and Bmore 4 weeks in a row with 2 of them being at home and went 1-3

I'm not impressed.

who cares what impresses you...you beat who's on your schedule.

get into the play offs and see what happens.

although without Schaub now...they could be fucked.

SLICK said:

"They're good but I don't know how good. EXTREMELY weak schedule."

Didn't say they shouldn't be credited for wins...I said I'm not sipping Texans kool aid until they beat some good teams thats all...what's wrong with that? You've never looked at the teams someone plays and said that you thought they might not be as good as their record shows?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Too many upsets. A win, any win, is a good win.

Understood and agreed but not when your entire schedule of wins are against the bad teams and your losses are against the good ones. Makes me suspicious is all I'm saying. If the Bears had losses against the Packers, Lions, and Steelers and beat the Jags, Seahawks, Browns, Vikes and Titans...you wouldn't question how good they are at all?

Beez said:
SLICK said:

"They're good but I don't know how good. EXTREMELY weak schedule."

Didn't say they shouldn't be credited for wins...I said I'm not sipping Texans kool aid until they beat some good teams thats all...what's wrong with that? You've never looked at the teams someone plays and said that you thought they might not be as good as their record shows?

no...it's the NFL anyones beatable.

you play whose in front of you that Sunday and add them up at the end of the year.

if you're lucky enough to win enough you get into the post season where truly a 8 -8 team can get to the Superbowl.

Texans scare anyone...the defense is solid and now Andre's back to go with a 2 pronged running game of Tate and Foster.

like I said....Leinart though could be the downfall.

Not to mention Houston doesn't have a team of players with a proven track record that lets you know they're good and they're winners. If Pitt has this kind of record you just believe, if New England has this kind of record you just believe...if Cleveland has this kind of record you don't.

W over the offense challenged Jags.

but lose Leinart to a broken collarbone.

T. J Yates................you're up !!

SLICK said:
W over the offense challenged Jags.

but lose Leinart to a broken collarbone.

T. J Yates................you're up !!

Wow...I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost

Back