Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

0-2 is not good

johnny2x2x

I don't feel good about going 0-2 vs North Carolina and Duke. Both games were there in the balance and we didn't step up at the right time. Especially Duke, we missed our chances in the 1st half to build a good lead.

Not happy, I don't want to hear about the fact that we can play with anyone. We could have beaten both of those teams and we didn't make the plays. We need to shoot better and take care of the ball. We play hard, but we don't play smart.

On the flip side, if we played this hard every game this year, we'll be fine, but we're bound to have some let downs after playing the big games.

Nix is Stone Hands Nix from this point forward. Ugly.

I was only able to see parts of the second half and from what I saw Nix can't do anything with his hands.

damn, i forgot you guys were playing tonight. Appling, from stats alone, looks improved though. As I always say about Sparty basketball, you guys will pick it up mid-season and be one of the teams at the top of the B1G. Scheduling these games early almost always pays off...last year was the exception.

Meh I wouldn't sweat losing ot Carolina and Duke. No one expected State to win those games and they really don't need to. Just win in the Big 10.

Ill tell you one thing about this team though,
BRANDEN DAWSON.

Kid is going to be a absolute monster.

Yeah, Dawson looks like a man out there already. He's a beast. Here's my impressions so far:

Payne- He looks so much stronger and he looks a legit 6-11 too. The guy is a great great athlete who will be a huge presence for us all year in the middle. He can block shots and rebound and I see great things in his future. Star potential.

Green- Pushing too hard. He needs to get his teammates more involved. He can get to the hoop, but is not a great finisher. He needs to settle down and he'll be fine

Dawson- Wow, what an athlete, we haven't had a player like him since Jason Richardson. He's so strong and agile. The guy will be a star.

Wood- Figuring his way into the fold, like him and he is our best pure scorer. Great addition.

Appling- More of a 2 than a 1, I'd like to see them run screens for him so he can shoot more.

Trice- Kid is a diamond in the rough. Looks like he's going to be a very good PG, he's slight, but lightning quick and hasn't looked out of place against some great talent

Nix- Has NBA size, NBA feet, is smart, but has stone hands. I think he'll be solid this year after he settles in.

Austin Thornton- :( When Thornton comes into the game, bad things always happen. He's the surest way to put your opponent on a run as there is in basketball.

Byrd, Kearney, Gauna incompletes.

The team needs to shoot better from behind the arc. They also need to defend the 3 better. Overall they look like a better team than last and most definitely a team who plays harder.

johnny2x2x said:
Yeah, Dawson looks like a man out there already. He's a beast. Here's my impressions so far:

Payne- He looks so much stronger and he looks a legit 6-11 too. The guy is a great great athlete who will be a huge presence for us all year in the middle. He can block shots and rebound and I see great things in his future. Star potential.

Green- Pushing too hard. He needs to get his teammates more involved. He can get to the hoop, but is not a great finisher. He needs to settle down and he'll be fine

Dawson- Wow, what an athlete, we haven't had a player like him since Jason Richardson. He's so strong and agile. The guy will be a star.

Wood- Figuring his way into the fold, like him and he is our best pure scorer. Great addition.

Appling- More of a 2 than a 1, I'd like to see them run screens for him so he can shoot more.

Trice- Kid is a diamond in the rough. Looks like he's going to be a very good PG, he's slight, but lightning quick and hasn't looked out of place against some great talent

Nix- Has NBA size, NBA feet, is smart, but has stone hands. I think he'll be solid this year after he settles in.

Austin Thornton- :( When Thornton comes into the game, bad things always happen. He's the surest way to put your opponent on a run as there is in basketball.

Byrd, Kearney, Gauna incompletes.

The team needs to shoot better from behind the arc. They also need to defend the 3 better. Overall they look like a better team than last and most definitely a team who plays harder.

State NEEDS to learn how to get Wood involved. Will take a little time but they would be doing a great disservice to this team by not letting him put the ball in the hole.

Yeah but playing a tough non conference schedule usually is better. I always like watching msu games. Fast, athletic players all around. Always has good dunkers. Just fun to watch. Izzo is one of my favorite coaches.

I don't see why your are disappointed losing to two of the top teams in the country.. Well I guess I can see Duke since everyone hates them, but I think a competitive game shows something considering this is somewhat of a rebuilding year for you guys..

I'm not to dissapointed losing to Duke and NC, what I'm dissapointed about is our FG %. If we could have shot a little better or made some of those bunnies, we could very well have won either one of those games.

Back