Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander 20 Wins Before Labor Day

I think he can pull it off. It looks like he will be facing the tribe and twinks twice over his next four starts and throw in KC right before Labor Day.

slick said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Does he get 5 starts by then? I say under, 19.

6 starts I think

Slick, It looks to be 5 starts; 8/11, 8/16, 8/21, 8/26, and 8/31.
as long as he pitches as great he has, and the offense takes care of their end the odds would be in his favor.
He is as close to a lock for 20 wins by the end of the year, as well as the leader in IP, K's, and a top 3 to 5 in WHIP, ERA.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
slick said:
6 starts I think

as long as he pitches as great he has, and the offense takes care of their end the odds would be in his favor.
He is as close to a lock for 20 wins by the end of the year, as well as the leader in IP, K's, and a top 3 to 5 in WHIP, ERA.

Then he should almost be a lock to AL CY award?

staegrac said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

Then he should almost be a lock to AL CY award?

well you never know how the voting goes. BBWAA and sports writers vote at times that leave the fans of some teams scratching their heads in question of the vote. Verlander should be the favorite right now.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung
He is once again in the lead at the espn Cy Young Predictor.

The way JV looks i think all we need is 1 run sometimes so i say yes to 20 before labor day.

I'm wondering at what point we can start talking about possibly 25 Ws on the year? It's not impossible. He just seems unstoppable right now.

The answer is looking like yes.

I was surprised to see that this was Verlander's 4th 18 W season..I knew he had a dynamite Rookie year...

anyways, I think 23+ wins is within reach

I have to keep reminding myself that JV is an absolute stud and possibly the best pitcher I will ever see in a Tigers uniform.

Verlander has had 17 wins in a season 5 of his 6 full seasons. When he got his 17th win:

2006 = Sep 24
2007 = Sep 12
2009 = Sep 24
2010 = Sep 18
2011 = Aug 11

My Dad and I bet at the beginning of the year. I said 100.00 that Verlander wins 20 and 100.00 Tigers win division. I will be collecting 100.00 at the family picnic on labor day.

rebbiv said:
Verlander has had 17 wins in a season 5 of his 6 full seasons. When he got his 17th win:

2006 = Sep 24
2007 = Sep 12
2009 = Sep 24
2010 = Sep 18
2011 = Aug 11

Good info

Fun fact. Verlander's wins now account for over a quarter of the Tigers' total wins. He's carrying this team. If they pull off the division he should get Cy Young AND MVP...

Back