Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

uh oh newt!

mhughes0021

Bolded the cool parts lol. Republicans cant possibly put forward a guy that receives money from the government could they?!!!! They want LESSS GOVT SPENDING, remember??? Awwww darn, yet another week of negative press for a republican douchebag rising int he polls...what a shame! Funny he asked Obama if he was giving his freddie money back....a republican being a hypocrite????...no way!???!!!???!!!!

URBANDALE, Iowa (AP)

Liberal spin? I'm sure that's what fox news will say.

So Freddie & Fannie seek him out to consult on their business...whats the problem?. From his account they didn't take his advice much. Shows how stupid the libs running Fannie really were.

Now that Fannie & Freddie failed($180 B bailout) the spin is Newt's spit in the bucket fees, LOL..only in Obamaville

Companies don't pay someone $1.6M to be a "historian", he was paid to get Republicans to back them.

JScottWriter said:
Companies don't pay someone $1.6M to be a "historian", he was paid to get Republicans to back them.

I didnt realize you worked for Fannie?? apparently they feel differently

Well if you think they paid him $1.6M to give them history lessons than you're clueless. He is just another canidate that says one thing and does another.

JScottWriter said:

apparently it didn't work...why did they rehire him 4 years later?

bah...they all take money..Left and Right.

the right hit Barry and Hill with everything they could in 2008 now the lefts returning the favor.

SLICK said:

the right hit Barry and Hill with everything they could in 2008 now the lefts returning the favor.

Barry's was campaign money...Newt's was a job, whether it was worth Fannie's money is yet to be known

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

Barry's was campaign money...Newt's was a job, whether it was worth Fannie's money is yet to be known

Newt ain't got a shot in hell at the nomination.

it's just a glorified book tour.

oletoes said:
Read more: http://www.yamaharaptorforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3218#ixzz1dz5VqgHk

I have to agree with this. Newt was being paid for a "job" and Obama received campaign money, that is a huge difference in my book.

It wasnt a job lol. It was getting paid off to get more republican votes. Its totally hypocritical when you say you stand for less govt spending then you take 1.6 mil from a federally backed agency.

it was for consulting........and that is essentially a "job". They sought advice from his consulting group and then they paid him for this service. Apparently they did not agree with his advice, yet still paid his consulting group for their consulting advice. what else would you call it?

and remember, this is being compared to Obama receiving campaign funds from Freddie Mac to Newt's consulting group receiving paid funds for a service that was provided. I'd say the two are night and day.
since when is working for a gov't agency the same as telling them to stop wasteful spending?

consulting...? Look at what Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae do, and what Newt Gingrich does.

They buy and sell already issued mortgages in the form of mortgage backed securities. He was a history professor and a politician. he was NOT a banker, or an economist.

What sort of "consulting" work do you think he could possibly provide to them? He has no background in what they do! He was CLEARLY there to lobby on behalf of them to get the GOP off their backs.

Despite the fact that his own party was bashing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, he was taking money to lobby ON THEIR BEHALF.

Now... personally, I don't care. This doesn't change my opinion of any of the parties involved. But you'd think if you were a republican politician or voter who blamed Fannie & Freddie for the financial disaster & collapse of the housing market in 2008 (DESPITE THE OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY...), you would take issue with the fact that Gingrich would go to bat for them like that.

MichChamp02 said:
consulting...? Look at what Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae do, and what Newt Gingrich does.

They buy and sell already issued mortgages in the form of mortgage backed securities. He was a history professor and a politician. he was NOT a banker, or an economist.

What sort of "consulting" work do you think he could possibly provide to them? He has no background in what they do! He was CLEARLY there to lobby on behalf of them to get the GOP off their backs.

Despite the fact that his own party was bashing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, he was taking money to lobby ON THEIR BEHALF.

Now... personally, I don't care. This doesn't change my opinion of any of the parties involved. But you'd think if you were a republican politician or voter who blamed Fannie & Freddie for the financial disaster & collapse of the housing market in 2008 (DESPITE THE OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY...), you would take issue with the fact that Gingrich would go to bat for them like that.

The Bush Admin was on Fannie & Freddie all throughout their term....what votes did Newt get for them??? uhh..NONE...show me what legislation, regulation or anything that the republicans supported???? you libs need some proof, not assumptions

MI_Thumb said:
you libs need some proof, not assumptions

Pot meet Kettle.

All you do is throw around assumptions.

all facts......show me a piece of legislation that he had the republicans change their vote on..please ,something...Libs say he was paid millions, so he did something wrong, LOL

If this was anyone else...I wouldn't be suspicious. Newt has already had ethics violations thrown against him. His personal life is as unethical as his politics. Why any republican (that still believe in family values) would want this guy as their president boggles my mind. Mitt Romney is the only republican that stands a chance at beating Obama. If you righties don't get behind him, you're going to see Obama's illegal alien face in the white house for 4 more years.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]If this was anyone else...I wouldn't be suspicious. Newt has already had ethics violations thrown against him. His personal life is as unethical as his politics. Why any republican (that still believe in family values) would want this guy as their president boggles my mind. Mitt Romney is the only republican that stands a chance at beating Obama. If you righties don't get behind him, you're going to see Obama's illegal alien face in the white house for 4 more years.

Why do Libs even care about ethical values?? Do you have any values?
Your party is based on no values. You want religion out anywhere you can because it is a direct conflict with your party.
Conflicts with Abortion, Gay marriage, personal responsibility.
Bill Clinton is your hero....Jennifer Flowers, Kathleen Wiley, Anita Broderick, Monica Lewinsky, all during his 8 years, give me a break and stuff your values and certainly dont lecture republicans who does/doesnt have values

Back