Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tebow and That "other crap"

Thus far, Tebow is a throwback to another era. As long as he keeps winning, stats don't matter.

Well I don't think he really won the game.

The defense gave up just 14pts and scored 7. Lol

Dudes, the guy had two completions Sunday and Thursday 104 yards, that's turrible. I knew someone would continue with the "but he's a winner", lol. This guy is so bad the coaching staff doesn't trust him. Tebow didn't do one thing to help them get a win.

The good thing, the Jets lost.

People who say "he wins"....Mark Sanchez was a "winner" too. Now look at him...you'd all take Stanton over him.

Its proof there is a god. That team was playing terrible in all phases before tebow was starting. The power of the lord has made their defense play lights out and tebow run in game winning td runs.

Beez said:
People who say "he wins"....Mark Sanchez was a "winner" too. Now look at him...you'd all take Stanton over him.

nobody on this board wanted anything to do with Sanchez....pretty much all laughed at the Jets for that pick and the trade up.

should have waited and took Freeman...most likely have had a Superbowl win if they had.

SLICK said:
Beez said:

nobody on this board wanted anything to do with Sanchez....pretty much all laughed at the Jets for that pick and the trade up.

should have waited and took Freeman...most likely have had a Superbowl win if they had.

My point wasn't that anyone here loved him, the point was that all of the people who say winning is all that matters are so short sighted it's stupid. Mark Sanchez was on two AFC championship teams, and is towards the top of the league for 4th quarter comebacks since the beginning of last year, but no one would want that scrub. The "he's a winner " arguement is played out.

You have to do something in the other 55 minutes of the game.

Some guy like Brady or a Manning or a Brees has a rough game and then suddenly puts together a game-winning drive in the final five minutes gets praised for being a comeback guy, who can put the team on his shoulders..

Tebow has a rough game and then suddenly puts together a game-winning drive in the final five minutes in an unconventional manner and it has nothing to do with him.

okay, I get it ESPN ...

TheVictors03 said:
Some guy like Brady or a Manning or a Brees has a rough game and then suddenly puts together a game-winning drive in the final five minutes gets praised for being a comeback guy, who can put the team on his shoulders..

Tebow has a rough game and then suddenly puts together a game-winning drive in the final five minutes in an unconventional manner and it has nothing to do with him.

okay, I get it ESPN ...

It's not that the drive had nothing to do with him, it's that he did NOTHING in the game up to that point and if not for the d holding it down and actually scoring points he wouldn't even be in position to come back in a game where a team only scores 14.

Tom Brady has never completed 2 passes through 55 minutes of play 1st of all.

Secondly we know Tom Brady isn't a game manager but a guy who has thrown 50+ tds and put a team on his back.

I mean c'mon are you really gonna go this route? You're digging. We're talking about a guy who has done nothing as a pro, has not shown even 1 stellar game, and can barely keep his head above water routinely and saying he should get the same treatement as a player like Tom Brady who throws as well as anyone week in and week out and occasionally has an off game in which he probably throws for 200 yards and a couple tds + a game winning drive. Get out of here!

4 pick 6's last two games for Broncos defense. One game he completed 2 freakin' passes and the other 9-20 for 104, lol. He's a 3rd stringer.

SLICK said:
Beez said:

Slick, One of my long time friends from wednesday night cigars and with more football knowledge than me, said that elway as owner or co-owner of the broncos and something to the effect that Tebow isn't their QB of the future or something like that. He, my friend went on to say if Tebow was with a team like the jets he would be a better qb and improve in a year or two. I was wondering what your thought was on that, and is my friend right, or should he stick with the horses and cigars??

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
SLICK said:

Slick, One of my long time friends from wednesday night cigars and with more football knowledge than me, said that elway as owner or co-owner of the broncos and something to the effect that Tebow isn't their QB of the future or something like that. He, my friend went on to say if Tebow was with a team like the jets he would be a better qb and improve in a year or two. I was wondering what your thought was on that, and is my friend right, or should he stick with the horses and cigars??

Im not sure how he gets he would develop with the Jets...I think Sanchez has regressed there.

Tebow at Florida was an athlete , they then hired Scott Loeffler one of the better QB coaches in the country and former Wolverine to come in and work with him his last year at Florida to try and get him NFL ready...Urban Meyer even ran more Pro Style sets just so Tebow could get the reps and film for the NFL Scouts.

personally Kaline I cant stand Tebow as a QB , and like your buddy says Elway is showing zero confidence in him...but the kid just plain wins games..whether he falls ass backwards into it or his defense helps him out , they're winning and I guess thats all that counts , right ?

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

Im not sure how he gets he would develop with the Jets...I think Sanchez has regressed there.

Tebow at Florida was an athlete , they then hired Scott Loeffler one of the better QB coaches in the country and former Wolverine to come in and work with him his last year at Florida to try and get him NFL ready...Urban Meyer even ran more Pro Style sets just so Tebow could get the reps and film for the NFL Scouts.

personally Kaline I cant stand Tebow as a QB , and like your buddy says Elway is showing zero confidence in him...but the kid just plain wins games..whether he falls ass backwards into it or his defense helps him out , they're winning and I guess thats all that counts , right ?

He does seem to be a winner where he goes and when he plays, whether the stats are good or not so much. His game will be looked at closely for any chance of improving his style to that of a prototypical qb. There's probably a few teams that would want a qb like him. I'm sort of meh on him. I would rather a qb with a strong accurate arm who can thread the needle with his passes drop back long or short and have the peripheral vision to see the whole field.

I heard the same. When asked point blank "do you see Tebow as the future QB", Elway flat out said "NO". So they'll be looking to upgrade.

Back