Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How will UM do this year?

amajjd

I'm just wondering how good do most of you think UM is going to be this year and what are you expectations for Hoke over the next few year?

It seems like Hoke could be a good coach and get UM out of the basement of the Big 10(12) over the next couple years. How long do you give him to rebuild the program? 3 or 4 years or are you expecting results a lot quicker?

This is coming from a Buckeye fan that wants "The Game" to be two power houses every year.

Well he was apart of championship teams at U of M. He took Ball state to a undeafeted season and bowl game. Took SDSU to a bowl. So I think he'll do just fine here. Were #2 in recruiting for 2012 with 20 commits. So he's on the right track.

Speaking as a Michigan Alum and fan, we just want The Game to get its integrity back.

I'll answer though, because of the avatar.

Short version: I think the consensus for expectations is right around 7-8 wins, then it'll be back to 9+ every year after that.

DR said:
I'll answer though, because of the avatar.

Short version: I think the consensus for expectations is right around 7-8 wins, then it'll be back to 9+ every year after that.

Glad you like the avatar
I was just looking at the schedule and if DR can stay healthy you guys could start out 6-0 going into the MSU game. That is always a close game so it could go either way. After that each game will be pretty close

DoctorDetroit124 said:
Well he was apart of championship teams at U of M. He took Ball state to a undeafeted season and bowl game. Took SDSU to a bowl. So I think he'll do just fine here. Were #2 in recruiting for 2012 with 20 commits. So he's on the right track.

Not getting tech but BS lost in the Mac Championship. They had a really good QB that year. I remember Jason Whitlock writing articles about Ball State playing in a BCS game.

I just wanted to know if this feels like Rich Rod all over or you guys like Hoke more because he is a former assistant and is a "Michigan Man" from Ohio ;)

It's similar in that Hoke is implementing sweeping changes...but they're sweeping changes back to the way things used to be. So no, doesn't feel anything like Rich Rod.

That makes sense. I was watching the UM special on ESPN last night and he had these guys tackling and he was pretty intense.

I'm expecting 7-8 wins also. We have a favorable schedule but can't expect too much with a first year coach. Less than a month away, we get this started !!!

I heard Killer the other day talk about how much more difficult it is to switch from a spread to a pro style. In terms of the technical aspect, wouldn't it be MUCH easier to go from a spread to a pro style? Maybe I'm wrong, but I had to scratch my head at that.

Yeah, dubbs. I've always heard it the other way, as well. Oh well.

Back