Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 7

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup :
Jackson CF
Boesch LF
Raburn 3B aka Hands of Stone/Butcher of Comerica
Cabrera 1B
Ordonez DH
Guillen 2B
Peralta SS
Avila C
Dirks RF
Scherzer

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=310807107&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-kansas-city-royals
Tigers vs. royals Game Preview.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/28976/max-scherzer
Scherzer vs. royals.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/3926/bruce-chen
Tigers hitters vs. chen.
from espn

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_08_07_detmlb_kcamlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310807107&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-kansas-city-royals
Boxscore from espn

Over the last 27 games, the Tigers rotation has an ERA of 3.50. Most of those before Fister became a Tiger.
Leyland said Victor Martinez appeared to be walking better than Leyland expected when he saw him this a.m. Day off tomorrow will also help.

Tigers three starters in KC series (Porcello, Verlander and Scherzer) are a combined 17-4 with a 2.43 ERA vs AL Central this year.

What is reasoning of Raburn hitting third? Does Leyland have a gut feeling? Also, is Raburn the worst fielder in the major leagues? I don't have any stats but he has to be in the top ten.

bdemil1 said:
What is reasoning of Raburn hitting third? Does Leyland have a gut feeling? Also, is Raburn the worst fielder in the major leagues? I don't have any stats but he has to be in the top ten.

Probably. Mudhen has been hitting the ball much better, Chen is a lefty and he does have 2 hr's against him. His fielding is atrocious no matter where you put him.

bdemil1 said:

He is right there with some other players as a bad fielder at any position.
He is worse in the infield than corner of position UZR and UZR150 bare that out. I knew he would be back in the lineup today with a lefthanded pitcher, but I hoped he would be lower in the lineup and certainly at another position. on just about every ball hit to him it's an adventure.

Yeah, I a little surprised that we aren't starting Kelly at 3rd and Mudhen in RF. I'm fine with JL wanting to get Dirks some ABs but boy is it brutal having Raburn in the infield.

He's brutal to a degree everywhere, but at third especially. Ugh.

I think with Vmart off today he should have JP batting 3rd and move AA up one spot have Dirks bat 8th and RR bat 9th

Two categories for cabs at which he's under .300 this year.. take a wild guess which two.

1. Against Left handers
2. Day Games.

TigerMud said:
Two categories for cabs at which he's under .300 this year.. take a wild guess which two.

1. Against Left handers
2. Day Games.

Somewhat of a down year, imo, for Cabrera.
Most all of us have said it to varying degrees.
Don't know what is up with it, the weight, a nagging injury?, a lack of constant concentration?, or as iirc bdemil said recently something with his opening up to soon in swing, so maybe a mechanical problem there.
He does hit this lefthander good so we can hope he blasts a pitch out of the park.

Hope Max has his good stuff today, hate to go head to head only up 3 against the Indians in a 3 game series in Cleveland.

I would rather see raburn at a corner OF instead of and IF position he is NOT an IFer

staegrac said:
I would rather see raburn at a corner OF instead of and IF position he is NOT an IFer

I would rather see him in the unemployment line.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]OK, guys, where are we doing this, here, or over on the old ESPN board?

This is where the action is.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]OK, guys, where are we doing this, here, or over on the old ESPN board?

Hi TinselWolverine, I have continued to add the game thread at the old board espn. I am staying here mostly for the thread and replies, as are from all accounts everyone else.

The other board doesn't have many over there other than jz and the strange poster mikenbig who had the sergioalpert sn in 2010, or an occasional poster finding out what has happened there.

MI_Thumb said:
staegrac said:

I would rather see him in the unemployment line.

mudhen would probably let the unemployment check drop out of his grasp.

Back