Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Formula 1

byco42

Looking for posters who follow this sport as avidly as I do.

The problem with Formula 1 and Indy Racing series is that there is no parity... You know who's going to win the majority of races before they even start..

tigers99888 said:
The problem with Formula 1 and Indy Racing series is that there is no parity... You know who's going to win the majority of races before they even start..

This is the case, but I still love the sport. But that only seven drivers even made the podium this season is a problem, and only five were winners: Vettel, Webber, Button, Hamilton and Alonzo. Maybe the shakeups in drivers and teams will even the playing field a little next season.

It's basically Vettel and Hamilton.. And Vettel wins like the majority of all the races.. SO boring..

He's not the first driver to win everything in sight in the history of the sport. Michael Schumacher has his run several years ago. The sport has a way of evening things out. It will not deter me from following it.

2012 season begins Sunday in Melbourne.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Looking for posters who follow this sport as avidly as I do.

If you had been campaigning in the South with Mitt Romney you would have met lots of them...

Edit: Ha ha at myself...

I guess Formula 1 is more European, come to think of it...

It's an international sport with races in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia and in the U.S. this season. Little if any crossover between NASCAR and F1.

NASCAR = Millionaire's sport
F1 = Billionaire's sport

smayschmouthfootball said:
It's an international sport with races in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia and in the U.S. this season. Little if any crossover between NASCAR and F1.

NASCAR = Millionaire's sport
F1 = Billionaire's sport

So I guess I won't be seeing Danica Patrick racing or Ashley Judd running out in the rain in her tight clingly little blouse on the Formula 1 tour this season?

Truly Byco...I wish that you come up with a an invention that qualifies you to be a participant as an owner in the Formula 1 series.

I'm not going to pray for it, though, because 1) I don't pray much 2) and on the occasions when I do pray, I don't pray for anything like that and

3) It's the the last thing you would want me to pray for anyway.

That said, Mazeltov!!!!!

Appreciate the sentiment, but I'd not want the job of owner of an F1 team. If I ever get those kinds of means, I'd rather just be there as a spectator.

I went to the Michigan 400 once, a long long time ago. As my only up and close, cars just zipped by -- couldn't see a thing until they were on the opposite side of the track and only for a brief moment.

But when I was younger I was a huge A.J. Foyt fan. Used to read his books too. I guess after he stopped racing I stopped watching.

Ferrari and Alonzo wins a weather-strafed race in Malaysia.

For the first time in F1 history, six different drivers won the first six races of an F1 season.

It is way better then NASCAR... The race cars in formula one remind me of space ships for some reason. Thye are so cool looking.... The money involved is so huge. It is very impressive..

Last edited:
This week's race in in Austin--first time in five years it's been in the U.S., and the surface is a track (that is incredible) and not a street course. Watched practice yesterday and the cars were slipping a bit because the track was not rubbered in. But the praise of the course was universal. Next year, a street course in New Jersey.

The 2013 season is upon us. Who's with me!? Let's...do it! *trots out of the room*

There were some real shenaginans played in last week's race. Am I the only person here who follows F1?

Back