Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

State Finals Next week Friday's games.

biggunsbob

All games on Fox Sports Detroit next week. if there is a conflict with a pro or college game they will show the game in tape delay.

Theses games are Friday November 25th.

10: 00 Am Division 8.
(188) Fowler 11-2 Vs. (242) Mendon 13-0.

Points for and against.
Fowler 449-201
Mendon 598-97

Semi-finals.
Fowler bear St Ignace 45 to 8.
Mendon beat New Lohrop 34-13.

Fowler's only two loses came to Sarnac and Pewamo-Westphalia both by a point and the later has made it to the D-7 Final... But Mendon is really a tough team on 97 points allowed and 5 shutouts.
Mendon won a title in 2007, and Fowler won back to back titles in Class D in 1995-96.. The also won it in 1993. i did not see and common opponents... I favor Mendon by 7.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pm Division 2.

(1227) Lowell 12-1 Vs. (1366) B. Brother Rice 9-4.
Points for and against.
Lowell 453-185
BB Rice 345-173

Semi-finals
Lowell 42 Walled west Lake 35 OT.
BB Rice 27 Det. ML King 26

I did not see any common opponents and both team lost to playoff teams only.. Brother rice last won a title in 2005.. Lowell's last title was in 2009.. Lowell lost the title last year so this is three years in a row for Noel dean's team. Both teams have other tiles I think also.. The two clubs played in the 2002 final which Lowell won 31-14.
Two of the losses by Rice are to Detroit Catholic Central and orchard lake St. Mary's both in the D1 and D#3 finals respectively. Both games were close.. The other two teams were in Ohio so i am not sure about those. Rice plays in a tough conference then Lowell but this was the best Ok white in years so that is close.
I favor Lowell by 3.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4:30 Pm Division 6

(400) Constantine 11-2 Vs. (420) Ithaca 13-0.
points for and against.
Constantine 453-303
Ithaca 566-109

semi-finals
Constantine 45 Ecorse 44.
Ithaca 28 Iron Mountain 0.

Constantine's only two losses came to BC Pennfield and Olivet both playoff schools and both bigger schools.. Constantine won the a title in 2004. Ithaca is the defending champion and on a 27 game wining streak. I have no clue who is better but I will go with the team only giving up 109 points in 13 games including 4 shutouts ..
Ithaca by two touchdowns
7:30 Pm. Division 4.

(741) Zeeland West 13-0 Vs, (715) Marine City 13-0.
Points for and against
ZW 569-178.
MC 553-196.

Semi-Final scores.
ZW 30 Comstock Park 6.
MC 45 Grossse Ile 6.

No common opponents.
Both teams had little trouble in the Semi-finals as neither offense has had much trouble this year. Marine city last won a title in 2007 and Zeeland west last won in 2006. Zeeland East spilt their schools into east and west in 2005... Should be a interesting game to watch.. Can Marine city stop ZW high powered wing T.. Marine city can throw the ball a bit.. I say Zeeland West by 8.5. Zeeland West just lost their starting Linebacker which could be a huge loss..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]All games on Fox Sports Detroit next week. if there is a conflict with a pro or college game they will show the game in tape delay.

Theses games are Friday November 25th.

10: 00 Am Division 8.
(188) Fowler 11-2 Vs. (242) Mendon 13-0.

Points for and against.
Fowler 449-201
Mendon 598-97

Semi-finals.
Fowler bear St Ignace 45 to 8.
Mendon beat New Lohrop 34-13.

Fowler's only two loses came to Sarnac and Pewamo-Westphalia both by a point and the later has made it to the D-7 Final... But Mendon is really a tough team on 97 points allowed and 5 shutouts.
Mendon won a title in 2007, and Fowler won back to back titles in Class D in 1995-96.. The also won it in 1993. i did not see and common opponents... I favor Mendon by 7.
1pm Division 2.

(1227) Lowell 12-1 Vs. (1366) B. Brother Rice 9-4.
Points for and against.
Lowell 453-185
BB Rice 345-173

Semi-finals
Lowell 42 Walled west Lake 35 OT.
BB Rice 27 Det. ML King 26

I did not see any common opponents and both team lost to playoff teams only.. Brother rice last won a title in 2005.. Lowell's last title was in 2009.. Lowell lost the title last year so this is three years in a row for Noel dean's team. Both teams have other tiles I think also.. The two clubs played in the 2002 final which Lowell won 31-14.
Two of the losses by Rice are to Detroit Catholic Central and orchard lake St. Mary's both in the D1 and D#3 finals respectively. Both games were close.. The other two teams were in Ohio so i am not sure about those. Rice plays in a tough conference then Lowell but this was the best Ok white in years so that is close.
I favor Lowell by 3.
4:30 Pm Division 6

(400) Constantine 11-2 Vs. (420) Ithaca 13-0.
points for and against.
Constantine 453-303
Ithaca 566-109

semi-finals
Constantine 45 Ecorse 44.
Ithaca 28 Iron Mountain 0.

Constantine's only two losses came to BC Pennfield and Olivet both playoff schools and both bigger schools.. Constantine won the a title in 2004. Ithaca is the defending champion and on a 27 game wining streak. I have no clue who is better but I will go with the team only giving up 109 points in 13 games including 4 shutouts ..
Ithaca by two touchdowns
7:30 Pm. Division 4.

(741) Zeeland West 13-0 Vs, (715) Marine City 13-0.
Points for and against
ZW 569-178.
MC 553-196.

Semi-Final scores.
ZW 30 Comstock Park 6.
MC 45 Grossse Ile 6.

No common opponents.
Both teams had little trouble in the Semi-finals as neither offense has had much trouble this year. Marine city last won a title in 2007 and Zeeland west last won in 2006. Zeeland East spilt their schools into east and west in 2005... Should be a interesting game to watch.. Can Marine city stop ZW high powered wing T.. Marine city can throw the ball a bit.. I say Zeeland West by 8.5.

I actually know a lot about Mendon. They are a division 8 powerhouse, lots of state championships, right up there with the most in the state. I will definitely take Mendon in this one. As for the rest, crap-shoot. I will say Lowell, Ithaca and Zeeland. I think you are right on with your picks and the spread Bob.

Mendon has a fantastic defense...Very excited to see them play...

Back