Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

State Finals Next week Saturday's games.

biggunsbob

All games are on Fox sports Detroit and if there is a pro or college game they tape delay it or throw it on a alternat channel.

Saturday November 26th.

10:00 Am Division 7.

(339)Saginaw Nouvel Catholic 12-0 Vs
(319) Pewamo-Westphalia 13-0

Semifinals
SN. Catholic 14 Traverse City St Francis 3.
PW 22 Hudson 13.

Points for and against
SNC- 525-90
PW-464-122

Both teams are undefeated and Catholic is a power house winning the a D-6 title in 2006 and 2007 and losing one in 2003.. I think this may be PW's first final as theses two teams battle for the D-7 title this year. Both teams have beaten many playoff teams and both semi-final game wins for both teams were against powerful teams in Hudson and St francis ( twice this year for catholic) . I will root for PW but Catholic also crushed D-5 finalist Flint Powers although PW did beat Fowler by 1 Both teams have 3 shutouts... Catholic by 6.5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:00 pm Division 1

(2046) Novi Detroit Catholic Central 12-1 Vs.
(2114) Detroit Cass Tech 10-3

Semi-finals
DCC 23- Rockford 20 OT.
DCT 6 Utica Eisenhower 3.

Points for and against.
DCC 356-116. With 3 shutouts.
DCT 320-123. With 3 shutouts.

I found one common opponent. Both teams beat Warren De Lasalle.
Tech 6-0 in the playoffs last week. DCC beat them 14-10 earlier in the season.. DCC has won a few titles... Three in a row from 2001-03 and anther two in 1997-98.. There may be more LOL.. I do not think Tech has won one.. I have no idea.. I say a low scoring pick-em game... I am rooting for Tech..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4:30 Pm
Division-5

(537) Flint Powers Catholic 9-4 Vs.
( 477) Lansing Catholic Central 13-0.

Semi-finals.
FPC 27 Almont 10.
LCC 42 GR West Catholic 35.

Points for ans against
FPC 317-214.
LCC 573-245

These teams played each other in week two and LCC won 37-17.. I did not see any other common teams.. LCc won a class C title way back in 1985.. Not sure if there are any others. Flint Powers last on the D-5 title in 2005. I think both schools only have the one title.. Anyway I see LCC winning by more then 10 again and maybe more.. They have a great offense and can comeback from any score if they have enough time..

7:30 Pm.

Division-3

(1063) Mt. Pleasant 13-0 Vs.
(904 Orchard Lake St. Mary's prep 11-2.

Semifinals
MP 38 EGR 37.
OLSM 14 Battle Creek harper creek 10.

Points for and against.
MP 522-222 with 1 shoutout.
OLSM 426-151 with 3 shutouts.

Well the last one. Mount Pleasant had to score 24 points verses EGR in the fourth quarter to pull that big comeback out verses EGR a team that had beaten them in 2007,08 and 2010 badly in the state playoffs.. Plus it was a 35 yard field goal with less them ten seconds left the kids 3rd of the year. This is MP's first state final appearance.
Orchard lake St. Mary's also had a last minute drive for a td to beat harper creek in the semi's.. They must have a great defense because creek can score points. Anyway Orchard lake has been in many finals. going back to 1994 they won a class CC title. They won the D-4 titles in 1999-2000 but lost the d-4 title in 2001. In 2004 they lost a d-2 final to Muskegon badly. Then the lost in 2007,09,and 2010 all to East Grand Rapids.. Well they get a Mount Pleasant team that I think they can handle by a 14 points or more.. I hope I am wrong on this one..

Sorry if i mad any mistakes....Feel free to add anything.. Goodluck to all the schools.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]All games are on Fox sports Detroit and if there is a pro or college game they tape delay it or throw it on a alternat channel.

Saturday November 26th.

10:00 Am Division 7.

(339)Saginaw Nouvel Catholic 12-0 Vs
(319) Pewamo-Westphalia 13-9

Semifinals
SN. Catholic 14 Traverse City St Francis 3.
PW 22 Hudson 13.

Points for and against
SNC- 525-90
PW-464-122

Both teams are undefeated and Catholic is a power house winning the a D-6 title in 2006 and 2007 and losing one in 2003.. I think this may be PW's first final as theses two teams battle for the D-7 title this year. Both teams have beaten many playoff teams and both semi-final game wins for both teams were against powerful teams in Hudson and St francis ( twice this year for catholic) . I will root for PW but Catholic also crushed D-5 finalist Flint Powers although PW did beat Fowler by 1 Both teams have 3 shutouts... Catholic by 6.5

1:00 pm Division 1

(2046) Novi Detroit Catholic Central 12-1 Vs.
(2114) Detroit Cass Tech 10-3

Semi-finals
DCC 23- Rockford 20 OT.
DCT 6 Utica Eisenhower 3.

Points for and against.
DCC 356-116. With 3 shutouts.
DCT 320-123. With 3 shutouts.

I found one common opponent. Both teams beat Warren De Lasalle.
Tech 6-0 in the playoffs last week. DCC beat them 14-10 earlier in the season.. DCC has won a few titles... Three in a row from 2001-03 and anther two in 1997-98.. There may be more LOL.. I do not think Tech has won one.. I have no idea.. I say a low scoring pick-em game... I am rooting for Tech..
4:30 Pm
Division-5

(537) Flint Powers Catholic 9-4 Vs.
( 477) Lansing Catholic Central 13-0.

Semi-finals.
FPC 27 Almont 10.
LCC 42 GR West Catholic 35.

Points for ans against
FPC 317-214.
LCC 573-245

These teams played each other in week two and LCC won 37-17.. I did not see any other common teams.. LCc won a class C title way back in 1985.. Not sure if there are any others. Flint Powers last on the D-5 title in 2005. I think both schools only have the one title.. Anyway I see LCC winning by more then 10 again and maybe more.. They have a great offense and can comeback from any score if they have enough time..

7:30 Pm.

Division-3

(1063) Mt. Pleasant 13-0 Vs.
(904 Orchard Lake St. Mary's prep 11-2.

Semifinals
MP 38 EGR 37.
OLSM 14 Battle Creek harper creek 10.

Points for and against.
MP 522-222 with 1 shoutout.
OLSM 426-151 with 3 shutouts.

Well the last one. Mount Pleasant had to score 24 points verses EGR in the fourth quarter to pull that big comeback out verses EGR a team that had beaten them in 2007,08 and 2010 badly in the state playoffs.. Plus it was a 35 yard field goal with less them ten seconds left the kids 3rd of the year. This is MP's first state final appearance.
Orchard lake St. Mary's also had a last minute drive for a td to beat harper creek in the semi's.. They must have a great defense because creek can score points. Anyway Orchard lake has been in many finals. going back to 1994 they won a class CC title. They won the D-4 titles in 1999-2000 but lost the d-4 title in 2001. In 2004 they lost a d-2 final to Muskegon badly. Then the lost in 2007,09,and 2010 all to East Grand Rapids.. Well they get a Mount Pleasant team that I think they can handle by a 14 points or more.. I hope I am wrong on this one..

Sorry if i mad any mistakes....Feel free to add anything.. Goodluck to all the schools.

Pretty spot on again Bob. I'm with you on wanting PW ( since they beat my Tigers ) and Mt Pleasant to win. Unfortunately, I think both will lose.. Very interested in seeing Cass Tech play. I want to see Burbridge in action, since he will be a Spartan next year. I thank UM has some players on that team too if I'm not mistaken.

Michigan has two players form Cass Tech... Terry Richardson DB. and Royce Jenkins Stone a Linebacker. Michigan also has one player on Detroit Catholic Central. Matthew Godin Defensive tackle. I think it will be a good game..

I liked it better when the state finals were on thursday and friday...I guess I will have to DVR the games... The Lions normally were no good so thursday games were bonus for me... At least it will be fun Friday watching some of them...

Back