Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2000 Cap One Bowl vs Alabama

GoBlueInAtlanta

Watching on BTN right now. Just saw Brady Hoke reaming the defense for allowing an 8 yard run. Can you imagine if he had been on the sideline with last year's defense?
shocked.gif

Edit: This is not to start a discussion about how he would have changed it for the better, but more a remark about how his mental health would have suffered.

that was a fun game. I really miss the 90's and early 2000's

That's back when the Big 10 used to beast in recruiting.. These days, you have 3 programs that are up there and the rest are not that good..

I am glad that I caught some of this game today. It was only because of the Tigers' rain delay. How fortuitous. I had forgotten a lot about that game. Of course, I remembered the end, but I had forgotten the back and forth battle that this game was. It would have been a classic without the classic ending.

Hungry said:
I am glad that I caught some of this game today. It was only because of the Tigers' rain delay. How fortuitous. I had forgotten a lot about that game. Of course, I remembered the end, but I had forgotten the back and forth battle that this game was. It would have been a classic without the classic ending.

The wife and I had a couple from Alabama over for that game. After such a great battle I actually felt bad for them the way it ended. He told me the next day that a family friend had had a fatal heart attack after the game ended. I don't remember specifically, but I'm sure there were previous health issues.

this game gets even bigger in retrospect, after seeing what great pro careers Tom Brady & Shaun Alexander went on to have. guys of that caliber are just too tough for college defenses to stop, and you see that in the 35-34 final score.

Tom Brady, 35 of 47 for 369 yards and 4 TDs, O INTs

Shaun Alexander, 25 carries, 161 yards and 3 TDs

Back