Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Favorite Turkey day side dishes

dannydiggler

And no Turkey is not a side dish... Sorry

Sweet Potatoes, along with a legit green bean casserole and stuffing. I cant wait!!!!

I make a maple Brussels sprout with roasted chestnut dish that I'm biased towards. If you're down with Brussels this is the shit for you...

Aside from that stuffing, love it, absolutely love it...

Oh yeah...and a Lions victory...but it's been sooooo long I forgot that it can be a side dish, perhaps it returns this year???

I've done Thanksgiving at my house for the last few years with my side of the family (we do Christmas w/ the wifey's family). I do all the cooking myself and I try to change it up a bit each year. It gets challenging with a vegetarian wife, a sister w/ Celiac's, some picky nieces, and the rest who want the staples. I usually try to do a couple meats (turkey is always one). I've done an apple BBQ pork loin, rotisserie roast beef, and a honey baked ham each of the last three years. Gotta figure out what I'm doing this year still.

Personally, I'm a fan of the dry Stove Top type stuffing for some reason. I love me some corn bread, baked beans and cheesy potatoes too. After cooking all morning, I'm usually not terribly hungry, so I'll have one dish while I watch the Lions, then another later on during the late game.

My mother-in-law makes a dish that sounds disgusting, but it is great... you take smokey links and dice them into 3/4" pieces, then put them in a slow cooker with a 50/50 mix of mustard and grape jelly. Good shit.

Sweet potato souffle. My grandma's dumplings. Mmmmm, now I'm hungry!

for me it's a tie between cranberries and stuffing. I want both when I eat turkey.

The other stuff... salad, mashed potatoes, squash, grean beans/veggies can vary.

Back