Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Johnny Giavotella

Thumb

This kid looks good, and did well against 3 tough pitchers.

5 for 11, 2 doubles, 3 runs, 1 HR, 1 BB, 2 K's, and 1 SB.

.455/.500/.909/.1409

Wish we had him for next year.

oh yeah. It's really sad what happened to the royals. They used to be such a great baseball city/team. I hope he's a part of the rebuilding. It'd be good to see them doing well again.

give it a month.....teams will get the book on him and pitch him better then we did....

kinda reminds me of Chuck Knoblauch a little though

Depends on his defense...his minor league numbers suggest he could be an above average hitter for a 2B.

Minor league sminor league. I've bever been one to think ml success equates to ML success.

Unless you've seen or read about the kid more than a handful of times, it's nearly impossible to have an intelligent opinion. People thought Andy Marte was going to be a stud too.

Like slick said... scouts will have his number just like they do every other boot private that comes along. Adjustment is what separates the men from the boys. If I had to guess because I have not seen him enough, I would say he is going to be a little better than average MLB 2 bagger. He appears to have soft hands, short swing, and above average plate discipline for a player with his experience. His range appears to be broad and positioning is obviously instructed. His base running skills appear to need attention. Game situation awareness on defense, appears to be a little fast for him on the defensive end.

jdeb said:
Lile slick said... scouts will have his number just like they do every other boot private that comes along. Adjustment is what separates the men from the boys.

Well he did go 0 for 4 last night.

MI_Thumb said:
jdeb said:
Lile slick said... scouts will have his number just like they do every other boot private that comes along. Adjustment is what separates the men from the boys.

Well he did go 0 for 4 last night.

That is even a finer sample size. He is good but is he gonna be like that freak ss in Texas? Jury is out. To be resumed noticeably.

Back