Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

List your favorite Bands

biggunsbob

This is just me. Remember I am 50 LOL..

1. Pink Floyd (This band is so innovative).
2. Beatles (My sisters) (my Wife). Backroom windows...
3. Yes (Probably two high but I liked them.
4. Led Zeppelin ( Probably take crap for this low a rank)
5. AC/DC ( Working stiff days.. We rocked all day at work).

I like a whole bunch more and I am not as into the load music anymore like i used to be..

In no particular order

The Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Beatles, Broken Bells, Mercury Rev, Arcade Fire, RHCPP, and i'll go out on a limb here and say all of OFWGKTA(if that counts:p).

Alice in Chains
Radiohead
Beastie Boys
Queens of the Stone Age
Modest Mouse
Spoon
Tool
Animal Collective
Nirvana
The Beatles
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Outkast
Wu-Tang Clan
Madlib
MF Doom
Liars
No Age
Flaming Lips
Stephen Malkmus
The Pixies
System of a Down
TV on the Radio
Wilco
Wolf Parade
....others

my top 5 in order:

Tool
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young)
Yes

other bands/artists i quite enjoy, in no particular order: Jethro Tull, Kansas, Dave Matthews Band, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Jim Croce, Don McLean, Chicago, America, The Doors, The Guess Who, John Denver, Queen, Simon & Garfunkel, Weird Al, more too but im lazy lol.

the fun thing is even though im only 24, i hate most of today's music and LOVE 60s and 70s rock.

1. Red hot chili peppers
2. Tool

Definately my top 2.....and i have some others i know would round out my top 5-7 but its a little hard because its somewhat like splitting hairs but:

3. Rage against the Machine
4.Maroon 5
5. Alice in chains

DR, recommend me some MF Doom....

And a quick look at my favorite artists/bands.

1.Common

And then in no particular order, and without much thought...

The Roots
Rage Against the Machine
Coldplay
OutKast
Kanye
Black Star/Mos Def

J. Cole is the artist I'm feeling most right now. He could be elevated to that level pending his first album and whether or not he has staying power with me.

jrange378 said:
1. Red hot chili peppers
2. Tool

Definately my top 2.....and i have some others i know would round out my top 5-7 but its a little hard because its somewhat like splitting hairs but:

3. Rage against the Machine
4.Maroon 5
5. Alice in chains

Not a huge RHCP fan, but I'm looking forward to checking out the new one. They worked with the producer from one of my other favorites, TV on the Radio, on it.

HailHail said:
DR, recommend me some MF Doom....

Clear cut #1 choice for me is his album he did with Madlib, under the name of Madvillain. That's one of my favorite cd's ever, great wordplay, interesting and catchy loops...it might take a couple listens for it to sink in, but it's worth it.

Danger Doom - The Mouse and the Mask is another collaboration, this time with Danger Mouse. Really only essential if you're an Adult Swim fan, but there are some good songs.

My favorite solo cd's by him are Mmm..Food and Born Like This, but Vaudeville Villain is what put him on the (underground) map. I just never really got into that one.

But first and foremost, check out Madvillain - Madvillainy.

do solo artists count as a band? If so, include Stevie Wonder, Beck, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, James Brown, and Elvis Costello in mine.

also: the Doors, LCD Soundsystem, the Jimi Hendrix Exp, the Who, the Kinks, the Beatles, Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, and Public Enemy, and Rage against the Machine

HailHail said:

Rage Against the Machine
Coldplay

Do you listen to Rage, then mellow out with some Coldplay, or start with Coldplay, and then slap on Rage, and start slamdancing?

MichChamp02 said:
HailHail said:

Rage Against the Machine
Coldplay

Do you listen to Rage, then mellow out with some Coldplay, or start with Coldplay, and then slap on Rage, and start slamdancing?

I was going to say something about that!

And I've heard a lot about Madvillainy so I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks DR.

slipknot, stonesour, metallica, linkin park, chevelle, breaking benjamin, 3 days grace, red hot chilli peppers, blink 182, GNR, rage against the machine, smashing pumpkins, kings of leon, white stripes, wolfmother, weezer, staind, Notorious B.I.G., 2pac, DMX, Korn, Limp Bizkit.

DR said:
Alice in Chains
Radiohead
Beastie Boys
Queens of the Stone Age
Modest Mouse
Spoon
Tool
Animal Collective
Nirvana
The Beatles
The Doors
Pink Floyd
Outkast
Wu-Tang Clan
Madlib
MF Doom
Liars
No Age
Flaming Lips
Stephen Malkmus
The Pixies
System of a Down
TV on the Radio
Wilco
Wolf Parade
....others

Dude, you can't have that many favorite bands.

Umphrey's McGee
Disco Biscuits
Lotus
Primus ( Any Claypool band for that matter, especially C2B3 )
Medeski Martin and Wood
The New Deal
Ween
U-Melt
Neutral Milk Hotel
Talking Heads
The Flaming Lips
Of Montreal
The Malah
LCD Soundsystem

A ton of DJs too many to list...

Back