Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

D-4> Zeeland West 45 Marine City 7 Final

biggunsbob

Marine City scored first on a nice pass play and then ZW ran the kick-off back and it was all down hill after that for the Mariners. ZW was was bigger, stronger and faster across the board. Both teams run the wing T. but no team runs it better then Zeeland West.. Their second title in five years, and second in six years of the school's existence.. The coach for Marine City is retiring after today. I think he is 80 something and 8. He said he was going to do so when his son graduated which was this year.. Marine City has averaged over ten wins a season the last 8 years and 12 out of 13 season.. They won a title in 2007...

Zeeland West finishes 14-0 and Marine city finishes 13-1....

That was a tough game to watch. I was at Ford Field for the day and Marine City played pretty well for about a quarter and a half. But with Zeeland's straight T offense you have to be very disciplined defensively and unfortunately the Mariners could not stop ZW's play action pass, especially to their TE who is a 6'4, 275 lb SOPHOMORE.

The Mariner's got a little unnerved when they fell behind 16-7, and abandoned their game plan by trying to pass all over. And that's when the Dux just pounded on them.

Mich Champ should be happy. Brother Rice beat a good Lowell team to win the D2 title...

rayhowland3 said:
That was a tough game to watch. I was at Ford Field for the day and Marine City played pretty well for about a quarter and a half. But with Zeeland's straight T offense you have to be very disciplined defensively and unfortunately the Mariners could not stop ZW's play action pass, especially to their TE who is a 6'4, 275 lb SOPHOMORE.

The Mariner's got a little unnerved when they fell behind 16-7, and abandoned their game plan by trying to pass all over. And that's when the Dux just pounded on them.

Yup I agree with you... I did not see much of the the Lowell game but Rice just seemed better to me.. They seemed a tad stronger and had a really good running back..

Mich Champ should be happy. Brother Rice beat a good Lowell team to win the D2 title...

Back