Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Justin Verlander is "The Baddest Man Alive"

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Justin Verlander is the Baddest Man Alive.
I've said this before. I'll say it again. And I'll keep saying it.
Justin Verlander is the best pitcher I've ever seen in a Tiger uniform. Please, people, appreciate this man and how lucky we are to have him pitching for us every five days. He is a machine.
Tuesday evening against the Indians, JV pitched a complete game shutout and took another no-hitter into the 8th inning before noted horrible human being Orlando Cabrera broke it up with a solid single. Overall, Verlander would allow two hits, walk one, hit one, and strike out twelve.
How good was he? ESPN has even taken a break from their mourning of Derek Jeter's injury and babbling about LeBron James to talk about it. That is quite the accomplishment.
For the season, Justin is now 8-3 with a 2.66 ERA, 105 K's, and a WHIP of 0.89.
In honor of JV's latest awesome effort, I thought I'd share with you some cold, hard facts about the man that you may not have known already. Remember...I live to inform.
You may have heard some of these facts attributed to Chuck Norris in the past. But Justin Verlander, his amazing mastery of a variety of pitches, and his awesome death stare make Chuck Norris look like a bigger wuss than Garfield on steroids. JV would make Norris cry like Richard Simmons at Barbara Streisand's wedding. Justin Verlander is the biggest bad man that ever lived.

Here we go.
*Ghosts sit around the campfire telling Justin Verlander stories.
*There used to be a street named after Justin Verlander, but it was changed because NO ONE crosses Justin Verlander and lives.
*Justin Verlander's fastball once scared the fur off an Ewok. We now know that Ewok by the name "Snookie".
*Justin Verlander actually died five years ago. Death just hasn't worked up the courage to tell him yet.
*One time, a police officer pulled Justin Verlander over. The cop got lucky as JV let him leave with just a warning.
*Justin Verlander first grew his famous stubble at the age of 18...seconds.
*Justin Verlander has a grizzly bear rug in his living room. The bear isn't dead, it's just too scared to move.
*Justin Verlander doesn't flush the toilet. He scares the **** out of it.
*When the boogeyman goes to bed at night, he checks his closet for Justin Verlander.
*A rattlesnake once bit Justin Verlander. After three days of intense pain and agony, the snake finally died.
*When he was in Cub Scouts, Justin Verlander's lunch was stolen once during a camping trip. No one has seen Bigfoot since.
*Justin Verlander does not read books. He just stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
*Justin Verlander does not sleep. He waits.
*Justin Verlander is currently suing NBC, claiming that "Law and Order" are the trademarked names for his fastball and curveball.
So, yeah. You get the point. Justin Verlander is awesome.
from DesigNate Robertson Tigersblog June 2011

Back