Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

WMU Game Tailgate

deathroh

So, we've tried to arrange a meetup a handful of times on the ESPN board with little success, but maybe now that we don't have the trolls and randoms to deal with we can get something together.

I'll be going to the opener with Beez and really want to do it up right. Would anybody be down for a tailgate? I'm thinking of having it at Pioneer since it's easier to move around and find each other, but would be open to suggestions.

(Rabid - No Bighouse this year, so that means no Levi....we're on our own if someone decides to chuck a bottle)

Your mom.

Buddy of mine from work, he's been posting here quite a bit.

Was Beez in the old FFL with BigHo and the rest of us ...? Wheatleys' Warriors??? Heh

Ha, no, but he actually has Wheatleys' Warriors' old job!

Speaking of the FFL, I just got a text from BigHo asking about it....he should be popping up here shortly to set up the league. Not that you'd care, being too good for us now and all.

I am not going to the WMU game I do have tics to the next few after that though. Can't wait for the season to start.

Quitting FFL was one of the best things I've done in many years ...... now it's easier to really not give a rat's ass when the Panthers are playing the Bills!

bigvic said:
Quitting FFL was one of the best things I've done in many years ...... now it's easier to really not give a rat's ass when the Panthers are playing the Bills!

Thats kinda why I like it honestly..makes even the garbage games interesting.

Beez said:
bigvic said:

I played with DeathRoh, RABID, BigHo and the rest for about 7-8yrs ...? Won the league, runner-up and finished dead last twice (I think), but I spend too much time on the road, etc to stay on top of the drop/adds and injuries and starting line-ups. Plus, going to Broncos games 7-8 times per year takes away from the "watching all the games" fun with NFL Ticket, etc.

By tailgating and going to the games you're actually out of the loop a bit.

bigvic said:
Beez said:

I played with DeathRoh, RABID, BigHo and the rest for about 7-8yrs ...? Won the league, runner-up and finished dead last twice (I think), but I spend too much time on the road, etc to stay on top of the drop/adds and injuries and starting line-ups. Plus, going to Broncos games 7-8 times per year takes away from the "watching all the games" fun with NFL Ticket, etc.

By tailgating and going to the games you're actually out of the loop a bit.

I'm a Dallas fan in Toledo, Ohio and work in a shipping department...I dont have these problems. NFL Redzone is pretty bad ass I must say. Would like the ticket but they can get fucked with their contracts n prices.

You're right ....I'm making excuses.

I think fantasy football is gay. I can't stand how much programming is devoted to it and got sick of playing it, so quit. The other stuff isn't really a reason, just coincidental to the facts.

I'm not an "NFL fan" I'm a Broncos fan and follow some of the other teams. NFL Redzone is the best thing ever invented so you don't get stuck watching some shitty NFC game that is on Fox and can watch NFL RZ instead, "flipping around" to all the games and at times you might want to watch.

It's also harder to sit and watch football with a little guy who wants you to go outside and play football with him ...(unless the Broncos are on, of course!)

I think that is the difference though if you just have a favorite team and could care less what happens in other games then fantasy isnt for you. I love the Lions but I also love football and watch other games so I like fantasy. I agree though Redzone rocks. It is really nice if Lion games get blacked out.

I may show up with my entourage, if you are lucky. Then again, I may not.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":3wv61gve]I'd come but I'm stuck in California.

Where in Cali, Man?[/quote:3wv61gve]

sacramento area.

MichChamp02 said:
I may show up with my entourage, if you are lucky. Then again, I may not.

I think I'll start holding my breath right now.

Back