Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Joe Kapp, Angelo Mosca Fight

cheeno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8&feature=youtube_gdata

Joe Kapp was the QB for the Vikes in '69 when they lost the super bowl to KC. Before that he was a QB in the CFL for the BC Lions and played in the '62 Grey Cup Final vs Angelo Mosca's Hamilton Tiger Cats. Mosca a D-Lineman for the Cats had a late hit on BC Lion's RB Willie Fleming that game knocking him out for the rest of the Final which BC lost. Apparently Kapp has been holding this grudge for nearly half a century. They met again at a CFL legends dinner charity for raising funds for retired players who are not financially well off... you can see what happens next above.

Thanks for posting this cheeno.
I saw it on the 6:00 boston news and at first thought it was a couple of old coaches from college. Then I saw it again and listened to the names.
Wasn't Joe Kapp a mvp or player of the year in 1969 with the vikings?
I remember he played for the patriots in 1970.
The other guy Mosca, I knew he also played in the CFL, but remembered him from the WWF before called WWE. These guys are in their 70's.
Nearly a 50 year grudge.

Yes I'm pretty sure Kapp was. I know he had a great year with the Vikes and went to the Super Bowl. Mosca was King Kong Mosca or Big Nasty Mosca with the WWF.

Back