Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Purcey

deathroh

When will we know if somebody claimed him off waivers?

at this point, who in their right mind would? my guess is that he gets released and someone picks him up for league minimum or something.

Ok. If someone is not in their right mind, and does claim Purcey, when would we find out? I know there is a 10 day window, but I didn't know when the waiver wire process started/finished. It seems like the outcome is usually leaked at some point.

my guess is whenever the transaction goes through. i havent seen any rumors though.

Makes me ill that we lost a decent defensive 2B for this guy who did absolutely squat for us. Not DDs best move.

Watch Oakland claim him again... Now that would be funny... Yeah i am still miffed by this deal.. Scott has 2 game winning hits that i know of an maybe one more.. His average is dropping after his hot start at Oakland but his OBP is still hanging around .345 which is the reason Billy Bean traded for him..

Theses are his Detroit numbers in 17 games .222 .329 .238 .567
Theses are his Oakland Numbers in 49 games .242.351 .401.753

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sizemsc01.shtml

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Watch Oakland claim him again... Now that would be funny... Yeah i am still miffed by this deal.. Scott has 2 game winning hits that i know of an maybe one more.. His average is dropping after his hot start at Oakland but his OBP is still hanging around .345 which is the reason Billy Bean traded for him..

Theses are his Detroit numbers in 17 games .222 .329 .238 .567
Theses are his Oakland Numbers in 49 games .242.351 .401.753

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sizemsc01.shtml

I'll still take C. Guillen and second half rayban at 2nd over that under performer....

Why maybe Sizemore is a under performer but it still does not excuse the decision by DD to trade him for a 4t or 5th Relief pitcher... It was a terrible deal..

Back