Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jaguars SOLD

beez

I wonder if this is the 1st step in them going to LA?... hmmmm Owner is a Pakistani man named Shahid Khan.

Beez said:
I wonder if this is the 1st step in them going to LA?... hmmmm Owner is a Pakistani man named Shahid Khan.

wait...Pakistani citizen or Pakistani American? WTF do the Pakistanis know about the NFL?

and yes, the writing is on the wall. Jacksonville will move. I doubt they keep the jaguar name. They'll be newly named "The SoCal Trojans". Fact.

I personally rather have Minny than LA. But if they do move, who do we get back in the North? Indy, Rams maybe?

I thought so when the announced the LA stadium on the old message board...I believe it was Slick who said they wouldnt move because of their current stadium deal with the city of Jacksonville, it would cost them millions to get out of the lease. ahhh ,whats money

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Beez said:

wait...Pakistani citizen or Pakistani American? WTF do the Pakistanis know about the NFL?

and yes, the writing is on the wall. Jacksonville will move. I doubt they keep the jaguar name. They'll be newly named "The SoCal Trojans". Fact.

He moved to the US when he was 16 and became a successful business man. He tried to purchase the Rams when they were up for sale in the 90's I think it was but the NFL had to look into some tax information or something 1st. Meanwhile someone else bought the team.

The Jags owner said he would not sell to anyone with intention of moving the team, HOWEVER there is no clause in the contract saying he can't move them. The new owner did say he likes Jax and that the perception of ticket sales there is a bit misleading. They are not nearly as bad as the general public likes to think. (supposedly)

Back