Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Can Green bay play in Lambeau?

beez

Ok this is simply a question of opinion...

All you hear is how a passing team like the Saints or whoever coming to Lambeau in the freezing temps can't win without a run game.

My question is, what makes the Packers different? Do we assume that they can pass through any elements because they have practice time in those conditions the week prior? Won't it be just as hard for Aaron Rogers to pass in those conditions as Drew Brees? As far as running games go I'm not sure I don't like the EVERY NFC playoff team's running game more than the Packers. I just wonder if everyone is wrong to assume that GB has a huge advantage in the cold JUST because it's their home field. I think I would have more confidence in the Packers to beat a team in a dome than in Lambeau. If the Packers play the Bears in the AFC Championship in Lambeau, do the bear have an advantage over them because they can run consistently? I know the 9ers play in sunny San Fran but with their rushing attack n hard nosed defense would they have more of an advantage over GB's aerial attack playing in Wisconsin as opposed to California?

I think it's a valid question..let me know what you think.

I figure the playoff teams (tentatively) to be

GB
SF
NO
DAL
CHI
ATL? <-- really don't know about this spot

Rodgers is one of the best cold weather QBs. That was something I was worried about with having a qb come from Cali. But he does fine. He had playoff games outside in philly and chicago last year.

And they can run ball decent, they just don't. You saw them do it last year in the playoffs.

Last year is last year though. I mean the Jets ran the ball last year as well.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they can't win, I'm just throwing this out there.

I think playing at lambeau is going to be a huge advantage. Look at the Saints stats on the road. I think they're even being out scored on the road. And of course got beat last year by the seahawks lol.

Art just showed me GB's numbers as well as Aaron Rogers over the last couple decembers/playoffs and they're great. I have no worries anymore. lol

Beez said:
Art just showed me GB's numbers as well as Aaron Rogers over the last couple decembers/playoffs and they're great. I have no worries anymore. lol

as a Cowboy fan..you should worry about your boy Romo in December.

now that record is Harrington esque.

Well not being a fan and seen them play, I can't blame you for thinking it. Lol

If Dallas running keeps going strong, I might be more worried of them than the Saints.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Oh can you send the stats art sent me. I'm curious.

Over the last two seasons they're 8-1 at home in Nov/Dec/Jan winning by an average score of 31.3 - 15.1.

I just gave him screen shots of Rodgers' game logs for his individual stats, don't have anything calculated. But they were good.

Before I looked it up I somewhat agreed with his theory. Made sense to me.

Yeah I can't blame him for thinking it. Who would have thought a qb from cali would be so good in the cold.

Packers really lucked out with him.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Yeah I can't blame him for thinking it. Who would have thought a qb from cali would be so good in the cold.

N it makes me hate you.

Beez said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

N it makes me hate you.
hey, the cowboys could've picked him twice, but they didnt. hate your GM!

Spockmaster said:
Beez said:
N it makes me hate you.
hey, the cowboys could've picked him twice, but they didnt. hate your GM!

Nah they couldn't draft him, wasn't logical. Green Bay was lucky that year. (And smart for taking him)...Everybody pretty much knew there were 2 qbs and 1 was going #1 while the other could slip all the way to GB or beyond that year...everyone THOUGHT they were set at QB.

Would have been fucking lovely to have gotten Demarcus Ware and Aaron Rodgers within 10 picks of each other though. I'm still a Romo believer but obviously there is no question Rodgers is the man. He n Tom Brady are hand in hand the best QB's in the league. He took Peytons place.

Actually I should rephrase... Dallas could have taken Rodgers but with Tony Romo showing promise of being a pro bowl caliber qb you can't blame them for not taking him.

Back