Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Obama has the lowest approval ever

tycobb420

At this point in his presidency, Obama has the lowest approval rating of all time.

He is at 43%. I went to Gallup interactive and looked at all the others (goes back to Truman) and Obama is the most unpopular president at the Thanksgiving/early December mark in the year b4 the election.

Truman: 54% (1947)
Ike: 78% (1955)
JFK: 58% (1963)
LBJ: 70% (Nov. 20-25, 1963), 46% (Dec, 1967)
RN: 50% (1971)
Ford: 46% (1975)
Carter: 51% (1979)
Reagan: 53% (1983)
Bush 41: 52% (1991)
Clinton: 53% (1995)
Bush 43: 55% (2003)
Obama: 43% (2011)

and yet none of the retards except Romney actually poll ahead of him head to head....

thread title is misleading... lowest approval ratings ever were:

Truman, late in the Korean War (1952) - 22%
Nixon, Watergate era (1974) - 24%
Bush, Jr., last year of his term - 25%

these are using the Gallup numbers on the wikipedia page. You can also find the same numbers on Gallup's site.

it takes about 2 seconds to google this.

Bush's a pproval rating in 08 was down right around 25 in all major polls. 43 is light years beyond that considering all the fuck ups he had to follow and inheriting the shittiest economy since the great depression.

The point probably is as a Current President going fr a new term, its pretty damn bad. Even as stout conservative I can say Bush fk'd up his last year but he wasn't getting a new term.

basically, Obama is getting screwed because his predecessor was GOD AWFUL, and he hasn't fixed the mess laid on his plate.

I'm not defending Obama's record; I think he's been awful too... but conservatives trying to draw parallels between this point in his 1st term and other presidents are showing how clueless they are.

Obama hasn't failed because he's been "too liberal." The opposite is true. he hasn't laid a finger on Wall Street, despite the massive fraud that tanked the economy in 2008. Not a finger in terms of investigating and charging bankers with securities violations, or in terms of actually reforming the system so they can't do it again.

he's basically given the military everything they want. No move to end the occupations of foreign countries, no serious cuts to the handouts to military contractors, he's kept guantanamo open, and declared there would be no prosecutions of CIA or Bush officials for violating the constitution...

Obama is untouchable in this one, like it or not. He has kept the powerful (Wall Street and the DOD) in his corner, and for that, he's all but guaranteed a 2nd term.

tsmith & tycobb can go on ignoring reality and pretending obama is a "too liberal," and a "failure" all they want... but the reality is, things wouldn't be much different if this was Bush's 3rd term. Although the comedy might be better... whenever Bush opened his mouth, you could count on him to say something ridiculous.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

You only need one bub.

wanna go 500 on Obama getting re-elected ?

No, lol. People say it all the time but i might actually move to Canuck country if true.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

You only need one bub.

wanna go 500 on Obama getting re-elected ?

yep, I'll take that bet...The guy is losing in a generic to a Rep by 6% and he cant Poll over 43%........he needs a hail mary and it isnt coming from tossing mud
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

Newt hasnt even won the nomination, Barry cant poll over 43% as an incumbent...wooooooooooooooooo

Wait a minute, get Obama out or see tsmith lose 500 bones? Now I'm conflicted.

MichChamp02 said:
thread title is misleading... lowest approval ratings ever were:

Truman, late in the Korean War (1952) - 22%
Nixon, Watergate era (1974) - 24%
Bush, Jr., last year of his term - 25%

these are using the Gallup numbers on the wikipedia page. You can also find the same numbers on Gallup's site.

it takes about 2 seconds to google this.

Read the OP. It's the worst ever at this stage of a presidency.

"Obama is the most unpopular president at the Thanksgiving/early December mark in the year b4 the election."

SLICK said:
and yet none of the retards except Romney actually poll ahead of him head to head....

Irrelevant at this point. Mondale and Carter both led Reagan. Dukakis led Bush. etc etc

In fact as US history has shown, popular vote means next to nothing. Its all about the Electorals.

MichChamp02 said:
basically, Obama is getting screwed because his predecessor was GOD AWFUL, and he hasn't fixed the mess laid on his plate.

I'm not defending Obama's record; I think he's been awful too... but conservatives trying to draw parallels between this point in his 1st term and other presidents are showing how clueless they are.

Obama hasn't failed because he's been "too liberal." The opposite is true. he hasn't laid a finger on Wall Street, despite the massive fraud that tanked the economy in 2008. Not a finger in terms of investigating and charging bankers with securities violations, or in terms of actually reforming the system so they can't do it again.

he's basically given the military everything they want. No move to end the occupations of foreign countries, no serious cuts to the handouts to military contractors, he's kept guantanamo open, and declared there would be no prosecutions of CIA or Bush officials for violating the constitution...

Obama is untouchable in this one, like it or not. He has kept the powerful (Wall Street and the DOD) in his corner, and for that, he's all but guaranteed a 2nd term.

tsmith & tycobb can go on ignoring reality and pretending obama is a "too liberal," and a "failure" all they want... but the reality is, things wouldn't be much different if this was Bush's 3rd term. Although the comedy might be better... whenever Bush opened his mouth, you could count on him to say something ridiculous.

I am simply stating the facts. 43% is the worst rating EVER at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec. for a sitting president gearing up for re-election. That is a fact. Also a fact, no president has won re-election with numbers so low. If he were to win, it would be an extreme outlier in electoral history.

MichChamp02 said:

"Although the comedy might be better... whenever Bush opened his mouth, you could count on him to say something ridiculous."

like 57 states? Navy "Corpseman", 4 times in the same speech

Its about the economy stupid.......

Back