Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Egypt now Islamic

tsmith7559 said:
thats 1...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/world/middleeast/voting-in-egypt-shows-mandate-for-islamists.html?_r=1&hp

good job Barry, I thought this was a democratic uprising??? LOL,

Hey Larry....they were right...watch it when goofball Mr. Corn comes on..around 4 minute mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbik8fPmCSY

So you're saying an Islamic party cannot be part of a democratic government?

Do you even have a fucking clue what democratic means?

From the article you linked: "Islamist leaders, many jailed for years under Mr. Mubarak, were exultant.

[quote="MI_Thumb":i78ks8xh]
tsmith7559 said:
thats 1...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/world/middleeast/voting-in-egypt-shows-mandate-for-islamists.html?_r=1&hp

good job Barry, I thought this was a democratic uprising??? LOL,

Hey Larry....they were right...watch it when goofball Mr. Corn comes on..around 4 minute mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbik8fPmCSY

So you're saying an Islamic party cannot be part of a democratic government?

Do you even have a fucking clue what democratic means?

From the article you linked: "Islamist leaders, many jailed for years under Mr. Mubarak, were exultant.

The party backed by the Muslim Brotherhood took 40% of the seats about. They have not advocated for an Islamic Government. Those are facts.

johnny2x2x said:
The party backed by the Muslim Brotherhood took 40% of the seats about. They have not advocated for an Islamic Government. Those are facts.

and you're calling that a good thing?

johnny2x2x said:

I doubt they'd advocate for much since the voting isn't over.

Islamists in general have 65% of the vote so far, with 25% going to an ultraconservative group.....

tsmith7559 said:
johnny2x2x said:

If it's what the people of Egypt want then yes, it's a good thing, that's called democracy.

People need to drop this fear campaign where they assume Islam/Muslim = terrorists, because it doesn't, contrary to what FOX News will say.

The stupid thing would be to assume they would all become little Republicans and Democrats just because that's what we would hope for.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

If it's what the people of Egypt want then yes, it's a good thing, that's called democracy.

People need to drop this fear campaign where they assume Islam/Muslim = terrorists, because it doesn't, contrary to what FOX News will say.

The stupid thing would be to assume they would all become little Republicans and Democrats just because that's what we would hope for.

You have to admit that if the 25% grow and have their way that would suck.

your shit gets ooooolllllllllllllllldddddddddd

zomgasfo;buihqwrgarliuthqrgouiaqrw they took r jobs!!!!!!!!!

zomgadjalgijwroghwadfadfhafodifhad brown people everywhere! oil people brown!! lawn care people brown!!! president brown!!!!!! down with brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zomgasfo;buihqwrgarliuthqrgouiaqrw they took moar jobs!!!!!!!!!

zomgqprouthqwrfh asfkhafogbqwrgfq spending is too high!!!! what? more brown people that don't think exactly like me? better go invade them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jobsjobsjobsjobsas;dikwaogfhalsfkghaofbuinabzdrtawrgawbrownpeople

AMERICAAAA FUCK YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im confused....i guess im not understanding what the issue here is or maybe im misinformed. An islamic political party is simply one that offers nominees for a democratic election from my understanding. Its not some militant islamic group that wants to kill everyone lol.

mhughes0021 said:
Im confused....i guess im not understanding what the issue here is or maybe im misinformed. An islamic political party is simply one that offers nominees for a democratic election from my understanding. Its not some militant islamic group that wants to kill everyone lol.

Old Men like Smith hear the word Islamic or Muslim and right away they're thinking terrorist.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

I for one would rather have a dictator killing all of us than be led by one of the republican morons.

DR said:
MI_Thumb said:

Why would I have to admit that?

I don't live in Egypt.

I don't give a fuck what Egyptians do with their democratically elected parties, I have enough to worry about with our fucked up government, let Egyptians bitch about their politicians.

MI_Thumb said:
DR said:

I don't live in Egypt.

I don't give a fuck what Egyptians do with their democratically elected parties, I have enough to worry about with our fucked up government, let Egyptians bitch about their politicians.

So you care that they have elections, but don't care if the elections end up turning into shams, women turn into 2nd class citizens, people's right of expression, etc are squashed?

I mean, I get it if you don't care about people in other countries. No need to be a bleeding heart, but why the hard on for democracy if you really don't give a shit?

DR said:
MI_Thumb said:

I don't live in Egypt.

So you care that they have elections, but don't care if the elections end up turning into shams, women turn into 2nd class citizens, people's right of expression, etc are squashed?

I mean, I get it if you don't care about people in other countries. No need to be a bleeding heart, but why the hard on for democracy if you really don't give a shit?

democracy simply means everyone gets a vote. If a majority of their people want women to be 2nd class citizens and all the things you mentioned....welp the only thing i suggest for that part of the country is increased drone attacks.

Many of those countries have fought for a long time to have a legitimate vote and thie voices heard....if the vote turns into a sham and is corrupt you can expect alot of pissed off people killing each other.

mhughes0021 said:
DR said:

democracy simply means everyone gets a vote. If a majority of their people want women to be 2nd class citizens and all the things you mentioned....welp the only thing i suggest for that part of the country is increased drone attacks.

Many of those countries have fought for a long time to have a legitimate vote and thie voices heard....if the vote turns into a sham and is corrupt you can expect alot of pissed off people killing each other.

I understand what democracy is and what a political party is, but how effective do you think a democracy is going to be when its people have no experience in it and one sector of it (think Republicans + Tea Partiers) controls 65+%. If the 25% uses whatever means necessary to institute the things I mentioned, and it turns into drone attacks and pissed off people killing each other, that would suck, no?

Damnit, I'm on my third Great Lakes Monster and I know I'm not getting my point across right. How about, fuck tsmith. I'll just leave it at that.

Back