Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mark dantonio really a name to watch

bavarianinnman

To take over at Penn state. Espn insiders had few ppl who maybe be in penn statses coaching search. Dantonio was on of them.

interesting not sure if i would be interested in going from MSU to Penn state if I were him.

But maybe be able to go after better athletes thatn what hes currently able to grab at MSU.

Idk I just think that seems weird

Didn't he JUST sign an extension a few weeks ago?

I don't think Dantonio is going anywhere anytime soon-if ever...

Plus why would Penn St want to hire a coach who could retire at any time due to health reasons?? I think they are aiming higher than Dantonio personally

yeah, when ohio started having problems with Tressel, MSU stepped up and extended MDs contract.

I don't get the sense Dantonio is looking to jump elsewhere anytime soon. he seems pretty committed to MSU for the time being.

Yeah I thought that if Dantonio was going anywhere it'd be to Ohio. Actually, I started telling everyone that Dantonio would be hired at Ohio after the season was over, thinking that Urban Meyer might want a more stable place to settle back down. I still think that if Ohio would have offered, Dantonio would have accepted, but now I don't see him going anywhere. Almost no chance.

Back