Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ed Schultz...red ass

without regard to his commentary, Schultz is a hack. Was a longtime Right-wing Blowhard, then a few years back suddenly became a left-wing blowhard.

MichChamp02 said:
without regard to his commentary, Schultz is a hack. Was a longtime Right-wing Blowhard, then a few years back suddenly became a left-wing blowhard.

I heard that.....wow..I guess money can make you do just about anything

In the late 1990s, Schultz claims a series of events changed his political views from the far right to the far left. One event was his mother's battle with Alzheimer's Disease which began a long, slow decline of her mental health. Schultz found it frustrating trying to get her the services that she needed. Another was that he met a psychiatric nurse named Wendy who ran a homeless shelter in Fargo.[16] He attributed much of his political change to her, and although he had criticized the homeless on his show, he said in his book that she helped to humanize them. To his surprise, he found that some of the people he had insulted were veterans, and many were unable to get the psychiatric or medical services that might help them. He says that was the moment he began to look at poverty differently.[17]

He became a Democrat in 2000 marking the formal turn in his politics from conservative to liberal. He went out to do radio promotions in rural North Dakota, and told reporters about how he met farmers who were suffering and hard-working people who were going hungry, even though Republicans said the economy was doing fine. It's been noted by some that he has remained silent over President Obama's past comments touting the turnaround in the U.S. economy. (Vowell 2004) He began to hold benefits to raise money for people in the heartland who were going through tough times.[18] In addition, he began questioning some of the assertions of George W. Bush; although he supported several Republican candidates in the 2000 election, he was becoming critical of other Republicans. Schultz considered running for the Democratic-NPL party nomination for governor against incumbent Republican John Hoeven in 2004, but decided to continue his career in radio.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]In the late 1990s, Schultz claims a series of events changed his political views from the far right to the far left. One event was his mother's battle with Alzheimer's Disease which began a long, slow decline of her mental health. Schultz found it frustrating trying to get her the services that she needed. Another was that he met a psychiatric nurse named Wendy who ran a homeless shelter in Fargo.[16] He attributed much of his political change to her, and although he had criticized the homeless on his show, he said in his book that she helped to humanize them. To his surprise, he found that some of the people he had insulted were veterans, and many were unable to get the psychiatric or medical services that might help them. He says that was the moment he began to look at poverty differently.[17]

He became a Democrat in 2000 marking the formal turn in his politics from conservative to liberal. He went out to do radio promotions in rural North Dakota, and told reporters about how he met farmers who were suffering and hard-working people who were going hungry, even though Republicans said the economy was doing fine. It's been noted by some that he has remained silent over President Obama's past comments touting the turnaround in the U.S. economy. (Vowell 2004) He began to hold benefits to raise money for people in the heartland who were going through tough times.[18] In addition, he began questioning some of the assertions of George W. Bush; although he supported several Republican candidates in the 2000 election, he was becoming critical of other Republicans. Schultz considered running for the Democratic-NPL party nomination for governor against incumbent Republican John Hoeven in 2004, but decided to continue his career in radio.

interesting.....Alzheimers is nasty, my dad's brothers and sister all had it and his odds are likely to get it too(he is the youngest by 7 yrs).

As it relates to Farmers, idk, Bush passed numerous large Farm Bills, one in particular was in 2002. Farm subsidies are large, not sure what Schultz's problem is on that one

just goes to show how fucking stupid the concept of 'flip flopping' is -- as if, over the course of three decades you might not change your opinion just a bit ...and for a plethora of reasons.

Changing your political view point esp over an extended period of time is no issue at all. But when youre asked about it and your answer is "thats just simply not true" when its been documented, videotaped etc...well thats just lying errr being a politician. Romney and newt are professional liars.

mhughes0021 said:
Changing your political view point esp over an extended period of time is no issue at all. But when youre asked about it and your answer is "thats just simply not true" when its been documented, videotaped etc...well thats just lying errr being a politician. Romney and newt are professional liars.

what are you crying about? Your President said raising taxes would be detrimental to the economic recovery, just in Dec 2010, 4 months later he wants to raise taxes......explain that one

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

what are you crying about? Your President said raising taxes would be detrimental to the economic recovery, just in Dec 2010, 4 months later he wants to raise taxes......explain that one

what are you crying about? you said you wanted us to stop spending and start paying the bills. Raising taxes is how you pay the bills....duh. He wants to stop tax cuts on the rich...that not raising taxes....that stop their benefit that they are doing nothing with but hoarding. Rich people arent real people anyways.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:

what are you crying about? you said you wanted us to stop spending and start paying the bills. Raising taxes is how you pay the bills....duh. He wants to stop tax cuts on the rich...that not raising taxes....that stop their benefit that they are doing nothing with but hoarding. Rich people aren't real people anyways.

stop spending!!!!!!!!!! the 2011 budget is $900 billion more than Bush's last one. You cant explode spending then say the systems broke...wake up. Tax the rich....get stagnant job growth

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:
what are you crying about? you said you wanted us to stop spending and start paying the bills. Raising taxes is how you pay the bills....duh. He wants to stop tax cuts on the rich...that not raising taxes....that stop their benefit that they are doing nothing with but hoarding. Rich people aren't real people anyways.

stop spending!!!!!!!!!! the 2011 budget is $900 billion more than Bush's last one. You cant explode spending then say the systems broke...wake up. Tax the rich....get stagnant job growth

i said YOU wanted us to stop spending lol...not that we were. Job growth HAS been stagnant...time to try something else that doesnt pertain to saving money for people that dont need it. How about saving money for people that do need it so they can spend more and boost the economy which will create jobs? People dont have money to spend thats why there are no jobs.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:

i said YOU wanted us to stop spending lol...not that we were. Job growth HAS been stagnant...time to try something else that doesnt pertain to saving money for people that dont need it. How about saving money for people that do need it so they can spend more and boost the economy which will create jobs? People dont have money to spend thats why there are no jobs.

so whats your plan, specific as possible

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

Kill all the rich people...and give the middle class all of their money. The poor are doing just fine on food stamps. Id drone attack every wallmart which would increase small business and stimulate the economy.

But really the first thing id do is tarrif the shit out of anything made by an american company oversees and give a credit for giving those jobs to people within the states.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:

Kill all the rich people...and give the middle class all of their money. The poor are doing just fine on food stamps. Id drone attack every wallmart which would increase small business and stimulate the economy.

But really the first thing id do is tarrif the shit out of anything made by an american company oversees and give a credit for giving those jobs to people within the states.

I'll respond to the latter, since I assume your kidding in the 1st paragraph.
set tariffs on goods coming into our country will get tariffs on american company's selling overseas. Lets face it the US car companies cant survive by just selling cars within our borders and if you create tariffs on parts coming from Mexico and they have tariffs on their cars in other countries....GM will be bankrupt again and it will not come back. I never was a big supporter of NAFTA and I do have some isolationism in my blood. Its really up to the American people to stop buying the products, Im all for that. When I travel to Cali Im amazed at the percentage of foreign vehicles on the road compared to the midwest

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

I'll respond to the latter, since I assume your kidding in the 1st paragraph.
set tariffs on goods coming into our country will get tariffs on american company's selling overseas. Lets face it the US car companies cant survive by just selling cars within our borders and if you create tariffs on parts coming from Mexico and they have tariffs on their cars in other countries....GM will be bankrupt again and it will not come back. I never was a big supporter of NAFTA and I do have some isolationism in my blood. Its really up to the American people to stop buying the products, Im all for that. When I travel to Cali Im amazed at the percentage of foreign vehicles on the road compared to the midwest

They have to do something to stop all the major businesses from moving their jobs oversees and reducing jobs here at home.

tsmith7559 said:
US car companies cant survive by just selling cars within our borders and if you create tariffs on parts coming from Mexico and they have tariffs on their cars in other countries....GM will be bankrupt again and it will not come back.

do you honestly believe people outside of North America are buying Chevy/Ford automobiles?

we're the biggest consumer nation on the planet and of everything we consume virtually none of it is made here. that's why there's no jobs.

until people develop the will power to spend a little more on local and stop buying Walmart products that are made by people being paid $0.30 an hour and are forced to live in company housing and buy company products our jobs economy (outside of the service and medical industries) is going to continue to be shit.

lionsftw said:
tsmith7559 said:
US car companies cant survive by just selling cars within our borders and if you create tariffs on parts coming from Mexico and they have tariffs on their cars in other countries....GM will be bankrupt again and it will not come back.

do you honestly believe people outside of North America are buying Chevy/Ford automobiles?

we're the biggest consumer nation on the planet and of everything we consume virtually none of it is made here. that's why there's no jobs.

until people develop the will power to spend a little more on local and stop buying Walmart products that are made by people being paid $0.30 an hour and are forced to live in company housing and buy company products our jobs economy (outside of the service and medical industries) is going to continue to be shit.

In 2008, GM sold more cars outside N America(US, Can, Mex) than they did inside....and its only getting higher with the demand of China

Back