Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

what bullshit

wolverine304

What a shitty way to end a game. I hate punter penalties. Hated the one michigan got vs nebraska.

Sorry it ended this way spartans. Good year though.

I mean I didn't want spartans to win just so you guys wouldn't shit talk on here, but I didn't want them to lose in a shitty way.

Why do you even lay a FINGER on the kicker in that situation??? So STUPID!!! Have faith in your offense they've done it for you all year. Such a good game ends so stupidly...fuck fuck fuck.

[flash=350,287:inh8o8lw]http://www.youtube.com/v/m5RtlpXsl8k&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:inh8o8lw]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

drivergreg said:
Stay classy, Michigan fans. Stay classy.

[flash=350,287:wr9d8hgm]http://www.youtube.com/v/mpC5f8poenw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:wr9d8hgm]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

Hey, he made a mistake, he's a kid, he did get pushed though and I think it was a bad call, but that stuff happens in football.

This was a great game for the Big Ten, for Spartan Football, and for the NCAA. Sparty played his heart out and every Spartan and Big Ten fan should be proud tonight.

I did not see the play real time but only the replay.. I thought he might have gotten pushed a bit but why even get that close with martin back there who is so good.. Bad way to end the game... I don't like it..

you get pushed into a kicker, the refs should eat the flag...plain and simple. Thought it was a shitty call and the situation made it even worse. The kid wasnt even trying to attempt to block the kick at that point he was just tryiing to keep his balance and not fall. The WWE flop at the end should have got a personal foul flag anyways and the penalties should have offset lol.

That call ruined a great game to watch...someone start a protest to make sure that officiating crew loses their jobs.

I saw it in real time, no replay, I couldn't tell if he got pushed or not.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I saw it in real time, no replay, I couldn't tell if he got pushed or not.

it wasnt a blatent, bad push or anything...it was just a simple block and chuck then get down the field. Youre supposed to get penalized for something you do wrong. I just didnt see anything that anyone did wrong on that play. Running into the kicker is a shit call in the first place cause more than often its just the kicker leaving his leg out. That call should be made only when a defender runs into the plant leg imo.

Regardless, i dont think it should be made when a guy is just trying to keep his balance and the punter flops worse than a soccer player.

Yeah it sucked, but it was a good game and I think everyone knows we are for real. We just weren't disciplined enough, as usual.

Dantonio called for the block. It's confirmed. what a friggin bonehead. That has to be the stupidest coaching decision Ive seen imn many many years. You have a treat Offense. a fifth year QB, and you risk what is essentially a turnover.

Is it no surprise this team has not done anything since 1987

erg57 said:
Dantonio called for the block. It's confirmed. what a friggin bonehead. That has to be the stupidest coaching decision Ive seen imn many many years. You have a treat Offense. a fifth year QB, and you risk what is essentially a turnover.

Is it no surprise this team has not done anything since 1987

Yeah, I agree. MSU should have set up for a return, Martin was killing Wisconsin all day and the Spartans would have had great field position with a chance to tie or win...

drivergreg said:
Stay classy, Michigan fans. Stay classy.

Most of us are saying it was bs? Mr Stanfield is being himself with the videos. Which the billy madison one was funny

Bottom line. We outplayed Wisconsin offensively and defensively, but there's more to football than that. Special team- They were better in special teams. They consistently got good field position on kickoffs, we even kicked one out of bounds. We turned the ball over on a kickoff return that gave them a score. We also missed a FG, and then the running into the kicker at the end. That's the difference in the game, special teams. So no one can say we outplayed Wisconsin, because there's more to the game than offense and defense. We had crummy KO coverage all damn year, it cost us a trip to the Rose Bowl last night.

A few weeks ago Alabama outplayed LSU on offense and on defense, but LSU had much better special teams and were able to win because of them.

I find it odd that UM fans are more upset about this than Sparty fans.

MSU fans are plenty upset, it's a crappy way to lose, but you don't blame the refs when their were over a hundred other plays in the game. Several close calls went against us, but that's football, those things happen. Either team could have won that game last night. We were 9-1/2 point underdogs yet we went out there and dominated on both sides of the ball for much of the game. In the end Special Teams were the difference, but there is nothing for any Spartan to hang their head about. We showed well in a great great football game on National TV.

I think the fact that we accounted ourselves so well makes it easier, does anyone think we wouldn't be favored if we played Wisconsin next week? We left it all out on the field and the breaks didn't go our way. The call was borderline, I think if they don't make it there is no controversy at all, they hold the flag on plays like that all the time, but the kid sold it well like he's coached to and the ref threw the flag.

Dantonio has this team built to last and next year they'll be better foir having played in last nights game. This team is filled with great athletes, especially on defense and I'm looking forward to seeing how good that defense can be next year. I also am looking forward to Leveon Bell flat out running over guys for 2 more years. That guy was an absolute beast last night.

Back