Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Outback Bowl

great game on paper...hopefully they go in and show how good the big 10 can be up against a good SEC defense. Orrr they could go in and make us look terrible like they did last year lol.

This year's Georgia team is nothing compared to last year's Alabama team. Even if MSU loses the bowl game, it won't be a thrashing like last year. Last year, Alabama was arguably the best team in the nation with a chip on its shoulder.

I expect MSU to go in with the chip on their shoulder this year and pull out a bowl win for the school.

Alabama was not arguably the best team in the nation last year.

not a fan of sparty, but the B1G needs to earn some respect. I hope you guys tear them apart and the other B1G teams are able to win or at least hold their own. 10 bowl games this year, need to win most of them.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://greenthoughtsmsu.blogspot.com/2011/12/msu-to-play-georgia-in-outback-bowl.html
MSU to play georgia in Outback Bowl.

KC, are you a sparty fan? I had no idea.

mhughes0021 said:
great game on paper...hopefully they go in and show how good the big 10 can be up against a good SEC defense. Orrr they could go in and make us look terrible like they did last year lol.

I love how you UM fans bring up MSU's loss to Alabama but you guys got smoked by a shitter team in Miss. State 52-14. So I am hoping you guys can show how good the Big 10 can be vs an overrated ACC team, or you can make us look horrible like you did last year.

I'm happy with this Bowl. Georgia played great the 2nd half of the year and they showed they can hang with LSU for a half at least. It's a tough match up against a division champion from by far the toughest conference in the Country. It's a marquee game on ABC rather than ESPN so the audience will be big. There were easier teams we could have played, but outside of the BCS this is a very tough opponent with a great tradition and a huge fan base.

It's a chance to win a bowl against a very very good team on National TV.

JScottWriter said:
mhughes0021 said:

I love how you UM fans bring up MSU's loss to Alabama but you guys got smoked by a shitter team in Miss. State 52-14. So I am hoping you guys can show how good the Big 10 can be vs an overrated ACC team, or you can make us look horrible like you did last year.

M was 7-5 with a coach on the way out and MSU was 11-1 going into the bowl game. Your loss was definitely more surprising and unexpected than "our" loss.

Michigan had no right going to a bowl game last year with that defense...

the name and tradition and ticket sales were the reason....they were the worst 7 win team in the country last year.....and I imagine there were alot of 6 win teams who would have went up and down the field on them also,

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="KalineCountry":kt99vhpl]http://greenthoughtsmsu.blogspot.com/2011/12/msu-to-play-georgia-in-outback-bowl.html
MSU to play georgia in Outback Bowl.

KC, are you a sparty fan? I had no idea.[/quote:kt99vhpl]

I am a fan of both UM and State. I guess that might upset some that I am not a complete fan of either, I just root for both teams to win. Whichever has the best chance of winning a national title or best ranking I root for them.
when they play each other, it's difficult for me. But guess I have been a bigger UM fan for a longer time than msu.
hope that's not confusing or a weak ass excuse to anyone.
I was going to post over at UM on their game with VaTech, but wasn't sure if it was true until after the tweet.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":h9rr3d8u]

KC, are you a sparty fan? I had no idea.

I am a fan of both UM and State. I guess that might upset some that I am not a complete fan of either, I just root for both teams to win. Whichever has the best chance of winning a national title or best ranking I root for them.
when they play each other, it's difficult for me. But guess I have been a bigger UM fan for a longer time than msu.
hope that's not confusing or a weak ass excuse to anyone.[/quote:h9rr3d8u]

I'm just the same, as my name shows. I rooted for UM this year since State took the previous three years and UM really needed a good year.

12069080.jpg

Back