Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Achilles injuries

sansumo

Apparently 10 guys have suffered Achilles injuries since camp opened...

I'm sure there are decent arguments to the contrary, but I personally believe the problem wih these injuries is due to the contract dispute and these guys not staying in shape. Now they've come into ramped up practices where coaches are pushing guys harder due to the reduced offseason. Yes there are always a few guys getting injured in the offseason, it just seems like there is an increase this year.

I'm really surprised that modern medicine hasn't come up with a test that would measure whether or not a guy might be injury prone. Some people are born with weak connective tissue.

In any case, it really really sucks about Leshoure. Was really looking forward to watching him and Best develop into what I think could've been the best one-two RB punch in the NFC North...but alas, the Lions bad luck bug bites again.

This sucks, I hope he is ready by 2012. This is an injury that takes a long time to recover from, more than 1 year to be 100%. It's a shame that his career is in jeapardy.

Can anyone think of NFL players (backs) who have come back from this injury?

I know Dan Marino did. But his game was not based on mobility. I can't think of any RBs that came back as good as they were before the injury.

Did a little more research and found Edgar Bennett returned from an Achilles injury after missing the 97 season. He was 28 at the time of the injury and played 2 more seasons. He was a starter for most of the 98 season and then a back up in 99. Neither season was spectacular.

Back