Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lakers land Paul for Bynum/Odom..

tigers99888

Lakers traded away Lamar Odom and Will Bynum for Chris Paul.. Not even sure if this is a good deal considering Kobe tends to handle the ball and runs plays for the team.. I'm not so sure Paul will fit in with Kobe and the Lakers' style plus they gave up a good deal to get him..

I think you mean andrew bynum, but it doesnt say his name on espn as part of the trade. If they are trading gasol they must like their chances of getting howard.

Lakers get to keep Bynum. They only have to deal Gasol and Odom.

Lakers:paul
Rockets: Gasol
Hornets: Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic. As well as a 1st.

Overall,

WTF!!!!!

New Orleans gets ripped off big time. Just another reason why I'm starting to hate the NBA. This trade is highway robbery. Now the Lakers still have Bynum and probally will end up getting Howard for him.

Fuck the NBA.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Lakers get to keep Bynum. They only have to deal Gasol and Odom.

Overall,

WTF!!!!!

New Orleans gets ripped off big time. Just another reason why I'm starting to hate the NBA. This trade is highway robbery. Now the Lakers still have Bynum and probally will end up getting Howard for him.

Fuck the NBA.

rich get richer (lakers)...dumb get dumber (pistons)

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Lakers get to keep Bynum. They only have to deal Gasol and Odom.

Overall,

WTF!!!!!

Fuck the NBA.

rich get richer (lakers)...dumb get dumber (pistons)

Mmmmmmm, Tayshaun baby!!
tongue.png

Yup meant Andrew Bynum.. The trade actually does look better if they get to keep Bynum.. He is a clear trade piece for Howard along with Draft picks.. HOrnets are a joke for letting this go through.. YOu would think they would atleast get Gasol..

Actually the Rockets got raped more than the Hornets did.. Scola is a pretty good 4..

tigers99888 said:
Actually the Rockets got raped more than the Hornets did.. Scola is a pretty good 4..

Scola is a real nice piece, Im not sure how I feel about this deal for Houston. I know they're fans aren't big on it.

But in terms of New Orleans they still got ripped off. They had much better deals on the table from Boston and LAC.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]
tigers99888 said:

Scola is a real nice piece, Im not sure how I feel about this deal for Houston. I know they're fans aren't big on it.

But in terms of New Orleans they still got ripped off. They had much better deals on the table from Boston and LAC.
Yeah since that is taken into consideration, otherwise I think the Rockets got a pretty raw deal as well.. They lost a slightly younger and better 4 for IMO a declining once great finesse 4.. Scola is actually a low post player..

It has been blocked by the NBA owners. Since the NBA owns the Hornets, the owners had to approve any trade involving the Hornets.

Glad they are trying to prevent super teams.

thehippo73 said:
It has been blocked by the NBA owners. Since the NBA owns the Hornets, the owners had to approve any trade involving the Hornets.

Glad they are trying to prevent super teams.

Relief.

I guess they don't have approve trades but several owners complained to Stern. He blocked the trade at that point.

sooo miami can sign and trade for players but the lakers cant? lol what garbage....entire league is a joke.

mhughes0021 said:
sooo miami can sign and trade for players but the lakers cant? lol what garbage....entire league is a joke.

it's because the hornets are owned by the NBA.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

ya i get it....a couple owners went to the commissioner and cried that the lakers were better than their team and that it shouldnt be allowed to happen lol. Ridiculous...

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

ya i get it....a couple owners went to the commissioner and cried that the lakers were better than their team and that it shouldnt be allowed to happen lol. Ridiculous...

I'm sure they would have blocked a lot of trades if they were able to.

NBA finally figured it out.

If you let players and the 3-5 big market teams control the top talent, then you alienate the rest of the fan base. You know those other 25+ teams.

Trades like this one, will only lead to the NBA fielding a 6 team league after massive contraction. Becuase the small market teams will have to trade their talent over and over because "its better than losing them to FA". Fans easily get sick of this fast and every non-big market team becomes the NBA version of the Florida Marlins/Montreal Expos.

NBA should seriously put in a rule to stop this.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]NBA finally figured it out.

If you let players and the 3-5 big market teams control the top talent, then you alienate the rest of the fan base. You know those other 25+ teams.

Trades like this one, will only lead to the NBA fielding a 6 team league after massive contraction. Becuase the small market teams will have to trade their talent over and over because "its better than losing them to FA". Fans easily get sick of this fast and every non-big market team becomes the NBA version of the Florida Marlins/Montreal Expos.

NBA should seriously put in a rule to stop this.

the NBA is the only league where the worst teams get the best proven talent....unless you really fuck up....like the pistons
laugh.png
And when you fuck up it sets you back 10 years. For those teams its no ones fault but their own.

The NBA has been fk'd because trades like these have been getting done. The only league I know where a good player might be traded along with a draft pick while getting an aging vet back and nothing more because the aging vet has one year left and the team will save money for future years. So stupid. I'm glad they squashed it.

Back