Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How good can Knight be?

bestisbest

I really believe this kid is going to be ROY this year. I see so much potential, and with Rip out of the situation it lets Stuckey move to SG and Knight be able to take over control at the point.

How Knight slipped to us at 7 i dont know, but its a blessing. This kid will have a hell of a year this year, and call me crazy, but i see him developing into a star. The caliber of a CP3.

[flash=350,287:bhksvsjo]http://www.youtube.com/v/aR9x8alen3I&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:bhksvsjo]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

I agree - I thought he had a chance to go in the top 3 of the draft and sure as hell wasnt expecting him to be available at 7. I think he has the most upside of anybody is the entire draft honestly...They need to make this kid the starter right away and let him get 30+ minutes a game.

I am also ver y excited to see how he fares... knight and Monroe are the only reason to have hope for this franchise. I hope they both get 34+ minutes a night.

Yeah I hope they throw him in right away so he gets experience and also people have a reason to watch. If he doesn't its a mistake, rookies in the NBA fare better than other sports usually.

Yeah, I just keep hearing good things about him. He seems like a hard worker, and a smart kid. (ahhh its weird calling him a kid) I think that he would have to start. I don't see why we wouldn't get him as much time as possible at PG.

And yeah, I have no clue how he slipped so far in the draft. This could definitely be one of those situations where we will be looking back at this year's draft and everybody will be absolutely stunned that the best player in the draft dropped to us.

I've been feeling very optimistic about the Pistons, and I think that in a few years we could be back to a team that could make a run in the playoffs.

I may be the only one, but I liked Knight better than Irving and can't believe Irving went #1 overall. Knight has more upside IMO. I'm thrilled we got him and he could be a great player.

I will say two things:

On potential alone, Knight should have been a top 2 pick. He has size, athleticism, and range already. If he can work on his vision and patience, he could be another player in the huge PG talent boom of late.

However, PGs take time. Deron Williams (another big PG with range) had a rough first year. John Wall, Russell Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, and Tony Parker all weren't very good in their first years. If we drop Knight right into the action (which I still advocate), we should expect him to have a very up and down year with a lot to gripe about. He will probably have poor shot selection for most of the season. His assist totals likely won't blow anyone away. His defense will leave something to be desired. That just how rookie PGs are. I certainly hope for something more like Chris Paul or Stephen Curry (Curry especially could be a high end scenario since both were shooters coming into the league), but we have to be patient with him if that's not how it turns out.

everyoneneedsasmil said:
I will say two things:

On potential alone, Knight should have been a top 2 pick. He has size, athleticism, and range already. If he can work on his vision and patience, he could be another player in the huge PG talent boom of late.

However, PGs take time. Deron Williams (another big PG with range) had a rough first year. John Wall, Russell Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, and Tony Parker all weren't very good in their first years. If we drop Knight right into the action (which I still advocate), we should expect him to have a very up and down year with a lot to gripe about. He will probably have poor shot selection for most of the season. His assist totals likely won't blow anyone away. His defense will leave something to be desired. That just how rookie PGs are. I certainly hope for something more like Chris Paul or Stephen Curry (Curry especially could be a high end scenario since both were shooters coming into the league), but we have to be patient with him if that's not how it turns out.

Totally agree with that. Also I'm really excited to see him vs. Irving in the home opener. Knight is going to come out with a point to prove that he should of been the #1 pick. Should be a great matchup

I think Knight's ceiling could be a Chauncey Billups/Sam Cassel.. A slighty bigger PG with limited athleticism, but has deadly range and can distribute if needed.. I think if he turned into one of those two that really would help this franchise..

tigers99888 said:
I think Knight's ceiling could be a Chauncey Billups/Sam Cassel.. A slighty bigger PG with limited athleticism, but has deadly range and can distribute if needed.. I think if he turned into one of those two that really would help this franchise..

I think his ceiling is even higher than that.

I love how young he is too, Kid just turned 20. He is going to be a big time player for a LONG LONG time

Back