Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Noots a dumbass

mhughes0021

Brilliant...lets spend billions to bring back dirt from space.

Newt Gingrich Reaffirms Support for Moon Mining in Presidential Debateby Mike Wall, SPACE.com Senior WriterDate: 13 December 2011 Time: 04:28 PM ETSHARE

Throughout his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, Newt Gingrich has painted himself as the "ideas candidate," and on Saturday (Dec. 10), he stood behind a very big idea: mining the moon.

The issue came up during the Republican debate in Des Moines, Iowa. Moderator George Stephanopoulos asked former front-runner Mitt Romney to name a few issues on which he disagreed with Gingrich, who has surged into the lead in Iowa and several other early-primary states.

"Let's see. We can start with his idea to have a lunar colony that would mine minerals from the moon," Romney said. "I'm not in favor of spending that kind of money to do that."

Gingrich has indeed voiced support for lunar mining in the past, and he reaffirmed that support on Saturday.

"I'm proud of trying to find things that give young people a reason to study science and math and technology and telling them that some day in their lifetime, they could dream of going to the moon, they could dream of going to Mars," Gingrich said in response to Romney.

The former Massachusetts governor seemed to be insinuating that Gingrich is in favor of government-funded lunar colonies; if so, that may not be a fair charge. Gingrich has been critical of NASA, and he espouses a quite commercial version of space exploration and utilization.

"If you take all the money we've spent at NASA since we landed on the moon and you had applied that money for incentives to the private sector, we would today probably have a permanent station on the moon, three or four permanent stations in space, a new generation of lift vehicles," Gingrich said in June, during the first GOP debate in New Hampshire. "And instead, what we've had is bureaucracy after bureaucracy after bureaucracy, and failure after failure."

Gingrich's space vision isn't limited to the moon. He has also proposed setting up a system of mirrors in space that would beam sunlight down to Earth, negating the need for night-time lighting of highways.

During Saturday night's debate, Gingrich invoked the era in which he grew up to help explain why he keeps looking to the heavens.

"I grew up in a generation where the space program was real, where it was important," the former Speaker of the House said.

The second bolded statment made my powerade shoot out my nose....shits all over my desktop at work. Noot owes me a computer.

Great idea Newt, lets find even more ways to fuck with the planet's ozone layer and maybe heat-up the global atmosphere as well, perhaps as a result, melting the permafrost even faster, further, and deeper in the Arctic regions of northern Russia and Canada and the glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica to boot...

But hey, better make sure that some of those night-time space-mirrors are focused on North Korea as well, cuz it is waay too dark there after dusk, and we really need to see and know WTF is going on in that little commie nation overnight.

Wow, such narrow minded people on here. If it wasn't for the space programs most of the gadgets and convinces we enjoy today wouldn't be here.

tazmac said:
Wow, such narrow minded people on here. If it wasn't for the space programs most of the gadgets and convinces we enjoy today wouldn't be here.

Look up in the sky! Its the point, ahh...there it goes.

tazmac said:
theres a difference between being narrow minded and fucking dumb. Mining the moon would cost more to get there than what we bring back. Mirrors in space to light up highways? lmao...effing ridiculous. I could understand making roads with solar panels that store energy enough to light up roads/highways. It would cost billions less and would create a lot of jobs here...you know...on earth.

Just because they are aliens from outer space doesn't make them illegal aliens. They need jobs too. Maybe Newt could send kids up there cause child labor laws are a joke.

JScottWriter said:
Just because they are aliens from outer space doesn't make them illegal aliens. They need jobs too. Maybe Newt could send kids up there cause child labor laws are a joke.
ya i wouldnt be able to run for president...im totally racist againt aliens from outer space taking all of our jobs lol
laugh.png

Back